Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HGTV Programming Sign In/Join 
posted
Am I the only one that would like a little more variety on the HGTV site? I have watched HGTV since the first shows and find the same ones running over and over again. The property brothers are a prime example. We need to see new faces and not just remakes of the old shows.

Also the celebrity cooking segments trying to find new chefs get old quickly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lindastar,

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Jun 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AGREED!

What happened to all the design/remodeling shows? It's like the channel has become nothing but a video multiple listing service. Every show is about buying/selling a house and the only time any kind of design work comes into it is as a side-bar to that - either fixing it up to sell it or changing it to suit you after you bought it.

Bring back all the designers/shows that made the channel fun to watch!

Posts: 8 | Location: NY | Registered: Sep 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have watched HGTV for YEARS and loved it!
Where have all the DESIGN SHOWS gone?
We can't live on House Hunters and Property Brothers.
Forcing me to watch other channels.
Repeats of old design shows would be better.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have watched HGTV for years and years. How many times can you watch House Hunters? Where are the designer shows? I love Property Brothers but you run them into the ground with the same repeats over and over!! Love it or list it - now that show could be so much more. Every customer is nasty and horrible and has this great expectation for little to no dollars. Those nasty people are so annoying! It is obviously staged. I hate to think everyone out there is that unintelligent to think you can remodel practically a whole house for next to nothing, especially when there expectations remain the same even when the budget is eaten up by by major issues. It really is unrealistic to think every person is like that. Even if you ran some of David Bromstad's older shows, it would be a change - and a welcome one at that. Most of us work during the day and don't have the opportunity to watch the day shows. What about Sabrina Soto? Love her stuff too! I am now relegated to start watching regular TV.

Posts: 1 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: Jun 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having watched HGTV and DIY for a number of years now. I wish to let the powers that be know how disappointed i have become. About the only show left dealing with the work is Renovation Realities. The old Income property, with the very pretty Scott.Smile Sweat Equity i can't seem to find...
The brothers are handsome, as are many of the others. Handsome guys are all over the TV .. A handsome face is not my reason for tuning in to HGTV/DIY.
The political correctness is so strong i have turned off the TV more and more...
Being so impressed with your programing in the past it is sad to leave your net works behind. There was 'something' that worked you drew viewers but it was working and some thought it needed to be fixed..
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Reba

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
reba1234, you're too nice Smile I don't find the Property Brothers good looking. I don't even find them very talented. And I sure don't want to watch them 12 hours/day and Love It or List it the other 12 hours. WOW, who knew HGTV, such a fabulous idea years ago, would morph into.....nothing. There was a time when you could walk around my house and garden and I could point out dozens of ideas I had gotten from watching the various shows on HGTV. Not anymore.

Posts: 24 | Location: New York | Registered: Jan 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with all of you. Is HGTV Listening? I am home today and guess what's on? LOVE IT OR LIST it ALL **** DAY!! I will NOT watch that show. I would rather see reruns of High Low, or Secrets from a stylist than one more of those. I miss the old shows that were about design and were interesting. Not the same show over and over with just different families like Love it or HATE IT! I am glad design star was cancelled. The reason people stopped watching is because HGTV didn't follow through. I feel bad for Meg and Danielle. They win then don't get many (any) shows. HGTV Wake up!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I joined this site in order to verbalize my deep displeasure with programming on HGTV and lo and behold, I am not the only one sick and tired of re-runs of the same shows day and night, day and night. Whatever happened to Holmes on Homes? I don't see re-runs of his shows. I mean, really how many times can anyone stomach Love It or List It? It was on most of yesterday and always all evening on Mondays. It makes me flip to other stations. HGTV, you really need to be listening to viewers or you may not have them any longer. I love House Hunters. I notice that is only on once/day at 10pm. I don't know who is in charge of programming, HGTV, an intermediary or our cable provider. Obviously someone is trying to save **** by running re-runs 24/7 most of the time. People will leave the network in droves if this does not change quickly. Sorry to see this network fail as I am sure it will.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post