Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Feedback Center
Hop To Forums   Talk to HGTV Community Gal Abby
  Love it or List It new hosts? wtf?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Love it or List It new hosts? wtf? Sign In/Join 
posted
Where are Hillary and David?

The new hosts are pretty dry/boring.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Nov 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it, but I understand the production company has a show Love It or List It Vancouver. Same format, different hosts. The show listing only shows David and Hilary shows so I don't think they're gone.

For everyone who wants to see the end results without the drama, there are 2 1/2 minute videos of the shows on the Shows link at HGTV.com that boils the show down and shows the end results without the faux drama.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6976 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night’s show March 4th had two new hosts. Their attempt to be like Hilary and David was very bad acting. They were not believable when talking with the clients and the new contractors as well. Also being so young doesn’t make their tips credible. I really missed Hilary and David and I hope they don’t replace them.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get David and Hillary back on Love it or List it please - the new duo are boring amateurs and are no way a substitute for D & H - will discontinue watching the show if the new duo replaces D & H.
Don't mess up a good show or you risk losing viewers.
JasonsyamA

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I totally AGREE!!! They are horrible, give us back Hilary and David NOW...

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WTH!!! IS GOING ON HG???
THE PROGRAMING IS HORRIBLE! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DESIGN SHOWS. I EVEN MISS DESIGN ON A DIME. (WHICH IS MY LEAST FAVORITE SHOW)I'M WATCHING LESS AND LESS OF HGTV. SOON I WILL NOT TUNE IN. GOOD THING I RECORDED ALMOST ALL OF CANDICE' SHOWS. IF IT'S A MONEY THING, GIVE CANDICE WHAT SHE WANTS!!!! WE'RE ALL WATCHING HER.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MuscleG,

Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rosebi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jasonsyama:
Get David and Hillary back on Love it or List it please - the new duo are boring amateurs and are no way a substitute for D & H - will discontinue watching the show if the new duo replaces D & H.
Don't mess up a good show or you risk losing viewers.
JasonsyamA

I agree I do not like the new host, she design like the show "Design on a Dime" Hillary design reminds me of Candance, if I am going to pay all that money that clients are paying I want a high end design. I hope they keep the original cast.

Posts: 1 | Location: Dallas | Registered: Mar 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dry and boring were my thoughts also. I hope they aren't replacing Hilary and David. There is a lot of character in those two, especially with the two of them together. I hope the show isn't going away (Love It or List It, origional). I probably won't watch Love it or List it, too, much, it's not fun at all.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
In Canada it is Love it or list it Vancouver.

http://www.wnetwork.com/Shows/...st-It-Vancouver.aspx

Same concept without David's expertly delivered snark.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6976 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hil, Dave where are you!

Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love them too so they had better keep them on or I won't watch Anymore

It is ad as it is with hardly no good shows to watch on this channel anymore !!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
don't dump hilary and david for the 2 new and boring copy-cat wannabe hosts. it reeks of age discrimination which is a major turnoff to faithful tv audiences.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awful. Simply awful. For the life of me, I can't think of any reason why they would switch out David and Hilary with two awful actors that demonstrate a clear inability to engage with the homeowners. Personally, I think they are too young and don't offer the same type of advice and experience homeowners need during such a strenuous process. Granted they may be attractive people but that just isn't enough.

David and Hilary were personable, they played to the cameras well and had a nice on camera chemistry. The new hosts do not have this, nor is it evident that they will develop it.

I understand changes like this need to be made, especially when money is involved or if the talent is not happy with the job--but please reconsider selecting better hosts, if you are not able to bring back David and Hilary.

I know I am not alone in saying, I just don't watch the show anymore because of the change. I am confident that there are several viewers who haven't taken the time to respond to the change, verbally, but respond by not tuning in.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
Did you bother to read the thread? David and Hilary haven't gone anywhere.

General Disclaimer