Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a mobile home show Sign In/Join 
Picture of lajljmtm
posted
I just paid off my mobile home. It was new when I bought it but time and 5 kids have taken their toll on the low grade building supplies. I'm working on it as I can afford to but am finding fixing up a mobile home is different then a foundation house. My next project is my kitchen and as I search for ideas and what not I keep thinking HGTV needs a show that is geered towards our type of house, like Mobile home makeovers....We can't move walls or expand our space, or the shape but .... that don't mean we don't want a nice space too. You could even use my kitchen for the first show...lol.... just saying

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
This sounds like an interesting idea. Mobile homes have come a long way from what they were years ago...much larger and more modern. I think the type of work that is needed to remake a mobile home would be a good thing to see and learn from for a number of people. In the present economy a lot of us cannot afford the costly major renovations to our homes and we could all learn something from this type of remake.

My daughter and her husband worked at remodeling two mobile homes for his son and daughter. They did a beautiful job and my daughter found that she liked doing this type of work...flooring, tiling, painting, etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1454 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lajljmtm
posted Hide Post
we replaced the carpeting with hardwood which wasn't too bad but found out when we went to put in new appliances the spaces are too small and the cabnets which are garbage anyway will need to be reconfigured. Down here in the south there's as many mobile homes as foundation homes but amazingly few places that work on them or have supplies for them. If I knew how to fix em up I could make a fortune

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that's a great idea for a show! I just looked at a mobile home the other day (and rarely are they mobile!) and it was simply gorgeous!

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post