Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PLEASE bring back Sign In/Join 
Picture of cathrynmc
posted
Some decorating shows even reruns of Decorating Cents, Design on a Dime or the new High Low Project. I am really tired of real estate shows. I miss VARIETY! thanks for listening.
Cathryn Wave

Posts: 1 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: Jul 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trjulie
posted Hide Post
I agree. I love Income Property, and the Rental show with Jodi, but am soooo tired of House Hunters!! Some days it is on for hours! Today Scott was on for hours, but that is ok. He is soo nice. What city does he do his work in? Does he ever come to the USA? How come all the shows on Hgtv are made in Canada? I miss the old Design on a Dime, and Sarahs show. More decorating, especially on a budget. Am very tired of granite, hard woods, ahd stainless steel applicances. People need to come down to earth! These are tough times and you can't have ev3erythinhg you want in ytour first house!!!

Posts: 2 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trjulie
posted Hide Post
Sorry I got a little carried away there. I like the shows on DIY, but Direct TV does not carry that on our tier and we are not paying anymore for TV!!! More shows like theirhowsluld be good, or gardening s

Posts: 2 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DeadMarilyn
posted Hide Post
bring back decorating cents and room by room!

Posts: 198 | Registered: Aug 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
please bring back A Gardeners Diary. HGTV is supposed to be home & garden. We like to see what everyones gardens look like, not just a one day crash make over. Erica's tours were so enjoyable. I wish I had taped them. If anyone has copies I'd like to know.

Posts: 1 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: Aug 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really want to see these shows: knitty gritty, craft lab, uncommon threads, creative juice, throwing clay, and other crafting shows like that. Even though they're on DIY network. I was happy when you showed them, please bring those shows back! Love you!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I miss those shows too. I am also so sick of House Hunters. I also heard that House Hunters International was staged. I also like that show where they used what was in peoples' houses. Can't remember the name. I stopped watching Design Star years ago when Anthony won. That wasn't all planned out. He has a show airing like the next day. So much for fan votes. I like Color Splash but it never seems to be on anymore. And Love it or list it- do they think we are stupid? It is so fake. All the homeowners have the exact budget? They think they can do a bath, kitchen and a basement for 50 grand?!!! It is ridiculous!!!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh I really like Michele Beschen on DIY too. They took that off the air too.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
a craft show---- Carol Duval was the only one HGTV had that kept the viewers up with new tends, what they call craft wars I watched part of 1 show. kind of lame.
even reruns of Carol's show would be an improvement from what you are showing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Coco Cathy,

Posts: 3019 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never missed Carol Dural's show. I am an artist and her show always kept me up to date on new trends in the market and, most important, new products. It was the best craft show on TV and has never been matched. All others are 1st grade by comparison. You need to do something for the serious artist. You need to replace her show!!! I know there are many of us out here who feel the same.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish there was some kind of information about what is going on with HGTV programming. I am really disappointed and frustrated that it appears all of the designers have been yanked from the airways.

I loved watching Candace, Genevieve, Sarah, the Design Stars and such. The shows now are very generic and repeated far too often. Rather than giving me ideas on how to decorate my own home HGTV seems to only show endless property searches and a few select reno programs (again and again and again). And forget anything to do the the 'G' in Garden. What happened to John?

Someone new must be at the programming helm and they are C-H-E-A-P in their investments. I know the shows currently running cost basically nothing to produce but they also are completely lacking in the inspiration and creativity I enjoyed seeing from the real designers that were once on this network. I find myself turning to HGTV far less often than I used to given the generic and overly repetitive nature of the programming.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree! We need and WANT more decorating shows for people on a budget with REAL solutions and suggestions. I would love to watch reruns of Decorating Cents and Design on a Dime. Why won't the programming people listen to us?

Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post