Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Feedback Center
Hop To Forums   Talk to HGTV Community Gal Abby
  Benham Brothers Show Cancellation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benham Brothers Show Cancellation Sign In/Join 
posted
I am so disappointed with HGTV's decision to cancel the show. This is one TV channel I did not expect to be political. I think viewers should be allowed to have all kinds of opinions and viewpoints. This is like censorship. Too bad HGTV is one of my 3 favorite channels. Now, I have no choice but to drop it. There are other home improvement shows in various channels that I can watch.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so dissappointed in the decission to cancel the Benham Brothers show because of thier beliefs. We have lost many Americans who have fought to preserve our freedoms. I enjoy watching HGTV but will no longer choose to watch your channel and will inform others to do the same. Freedom has come to us at a very high cost and that is the lives of the American men and women who have choosen to fight for us so we can choose to believe the Bible or not. Not to be told how to believe or what we should believe. I feel this is only the beginning of what our country is becoming and that is a dictatorship not a democracy.

Posts: 2 | Location: peoria | Registered: May 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjvagar
posted Hide Post
Totally agree and want my account deleted. Will not remain a member of a message board belonging to a company that is so PC it will take away someone else's right to a belief.

Posts: 4289 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Dec 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
Who are the Benham Brothers? I've never seen the show.

Posts: 1374 | Location: Hallsville,MO, USA | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KarenMO:
Who are the Benham Brothers? I've never seen the show.

Their father is a right wing minister named Philip "Flip" Benham. He and his sons speak publicly about the downfall of the US based on liberal politics such as gay rights, pro choice, ect. HGTV dropped them before their show aired because they are too controversial. Now, Faith Driven Consumer, the same org. that asks its members to speak out defending Duck Dynasty is getting their members to write on these boards.All of the comments are focussing on their gay comments but there is so much more going on than that. If they did not have a political agenda I'm sure HGTV would have let it slide, but this is much bigger, and more hateful than their fans are willing to admit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Charles D,

Posts: 1776 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KarenMO
posted Hide Post
Never mind; I looked them up on Google. Their subject matter is such a sensitive subject, and I'm not sure why they would even mention it, in the course of their show, whatever it is about. However, the subject matter is something that seems to be a part of our lives, and in my experience, when we discover that we have such a person in our own family, that the attitude sometimes changes, and people realize that, no matter what their preferences are, indeed, they are still the family member that we loved so much before we "knew." I don't have the answer, but I also wonder if the brothers were hoping to generate some interest in their coming show, by making such comments. It's tough to make it in showbiz these days, and it seems people will try almost anything for the almighty RATINGS. They are of course, welcome to their own opinions, as we all are, but I'm suspicious of their intentions.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KarenMO,

Posts: 1374 | Location: Hallsville,MO, USA | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard the Benham Brothers were finished with the flip houses, I'd love to see the transformations. If HGTV doesn't do it, I hope someone does somehow.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
Charles d, Really and your hatred is because?

html

Posts: 2480 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post