Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

show ideal Sign In/Join 
posted
Abby,
I have been a long time viewer. I can recall the earlier shows like trading space with Paige Nelson. Throughout the years My husband and I saved our pennies and pinched everywhere we could to save up to build our house. My husband and I are in the beginning stage of securing land to build our dream home. We have found a builder that will help us with a 100% American green home. There are two things we take pride in besides our two girls. One is stainable living and the other is buying American made. Our plans are to include geothermal, solar panels and the ability to tap in to the electric company so that we can sell them electric instead of the other way around. We take great pride in living green everyday. We compost, grow our veggies, recycle, reuse and we are have one vehicle that is electric. We live in Oregon and our state is BIG on green living. Building a home that is American make is a MUST for us due to the fact that we need to support the economy and our neighbors.We where wondering if HDTV or there sister stations would like to be apart of our adventure? No matter your answer we will proceed but, thought that this would be something that has never been shown and we need to show America that this can be done and should be done to help Mother Earth and our neighbors. Abby thank you for your time and if you could please pass on my email to your producers or colleagues that would be great. We are going to start building within the next year but, before then we are going to start plans and ground work so that the moment the land transaction will closes we will start our journey. We hope that you are as excited about this as we are. If you or your colleges would like to talk to us in person please feel free to contact us via email or phone.
Sincerely and thank you for your time.
John and Dina Diteman
2609 N. Kamiakan Street
Cornelius, Ore 97113
(503) 367-1477

Posts: 1 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Apr 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post