Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOVE IT OR LIST IT Sign In/Join 
posted
I am sick to death of this show in which the same things happen every show, Hillary running into a problem they did not mention could come about, then the home owners being so taken advantage of in their minds, then whats his name not finding a home they like until the very last one he shows them, Then they never get what they wanted at first but they always love it and 9 times out of 10 they stay right where they was in the first place. No variety, always the same old storys, and on the station way to much like HOURS ON END. PLEASE Get it together and realize your viewers HATE this show!

Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You don't have to watch it, if you don't like it. There are those of us that LOVE IT.

You may be missing the shows humor, or the excellent design styles.

Who cannot enjoy David's dry wit when showing a home. The sarcastic banter between the stars.

I would like to see Hilary be able to use all her money on the home owners "must haves", but I enjoy seeing her work her magic when problems cut into her budget.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Aug 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zoey55
posted Hide Post
I agree! I love it. You always have a choice to change the channel! Big Grin

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
I'm a Realtor and happen to like it.. They seem to be coming up with new shows. However the younger hosts...I think are trying too hard and should just be themselves. As a result will come off more natural..and less copycat.

This was a great show idea, and to the writers' -Bravo!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: real estate lady,

Posts: 9275 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm finally to a point I just can't watch this show any longer. Hillary exemplifies the most ill-educated designer. Designers are well versed in budget, has firm inspections with contractor done prior to beginning the work, and "budget" for those unknowns (for the most part). But she is constantly "surprised" and must "sacrifice" something ridiculously. The end results are always very nice, but the show makes a root-canal bearable.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course the shows you choose to watch is your prerogative. But in my opinion Hillary has one of the best design teams I have seen. My favorite shows are "Love It, or List It" "Income Property" "Property Brothers"

My daughter and son-in-law were contractors for new construction for years, later went into remodeling, and I can tell you, you do not know what you are going to find in older homes, or remodel jobs done by inexperienced workmen. My son-in-law not only does renovations, but is also a Home Inspector. An Inspector can only see what is visible. He can often tell if there is termite damage, water damage, trouble with old furnaces, etc. But cannot see through walls for asbestos, aluminum wiring attached to the new copper wiring he sees at junction boxes, nor narrow pipes leading into larger pipes underground, etc. Such problems can only be discovered by tearing down walls and breaking up floors.

I'm still enjoying the reruns. I enjoy their wit, but my favorite part of the show is how they overcome structual damage, etc. having to rethink their plans and especially their design choices....also dealing with personalities--NOT easy to turn negatives into positives.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by real estate lady:
I'm a Realtor and happen to like it.. They seem to be coming up with new shows. However the younger hosts...I think are trying too hard and should just be themselves. As a result will come off more natural..and less copycat.

This was a great show idea, and to the writers' -Bravo!

I agree about the new "Love It, or List It" hosts, I think they are getting better. (more relaxed) I did not enjoy their designs at first, but they also seem to be improving. But they have a long way to go to replace Hilary and David--a hard act to follow!

I second your BRAVO, for the show's creator and it's writers!

posted Hide Post
I agree. TOO MUCH!
quote:
Originally posted by brendaelk:
I am sick to death of this show in which the same things happen every show, Hillary running into a problem they did not mention could come about, then the home owners being so taken advantage of in their minds, then whats his name not finding a home they like until the very last one he shows them, Then they never get what they wanted at first but they always love it and 9 times out of 10 they stay right where they was in the first place. No variety, always the same old storys, and on the station way to much like HOURS ON END. PLEASE Get it together and realize your viewers HATE this show!

Posts: 7 | Location: USA | Registered: Nov 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It always makes me wonder about people who feel they have the right to speak for others, whom they do not even know. I am a viewer, and "I Love It". I find it entertaining, educational, as well as humorous.

I can only speak for myself, but I think Hillary's designs are some of the best on HGTV. I also like Property Brothers and Income Property designs. I know it's going to be the 3rd house the home-owners like best, but I enjoy seeing the the floor plans of different homes. I enjoy the banter between David and the prospective buyers, as well...I like a dry wit.

When a TV show fails to entertain, you don't have to watch it--but your opinions should be your own, rather than speak errantly for others. There's many viewers who enjoy "Love It or List It" or it would not stay on the air.

Picture of zoey55
posted Hide Post
I still love to see all the different designs and see how they create the space. There is always something new and different in Hilliary's design. Don't like it? Don't have to watch it! Wink

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post