Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Love It, List It, Cancel It? Sign In/Join 
Picture of schnitzlepoo
posted
Why such drama! Perfect premise for a show then you go and script everything. It has become a huge joke with our crowd. Get rid of the scripts, actors (hosts & the homeowners) and try again.

Please leave property brothers alone, don't drama that one up.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cherylsj
posted Hide Post
Love it or list it should be love it or can it.
The viewers have spoken.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is this show still airing? Obviously, non-reality reality tv has come to stay on HGTV. Half of these people need organizing lessons. This is a very aggravating show Hillary never can do what she says she can do. Besides David being annoying, he can never satisfy a buyer until the third try. Most if not all the buyers are unreasonable, unrealistic and need a lesson in space management, not a new home. It's obviously scripted and I'm sure most people, like I are tired of trying to give it a chance. I turn whenever it's on...Marathons...Really? Stop this madness. Somebody please take this crap off the air!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say cancel it too. This show is horrible and the hosts are so very annoying. I agree with everything JamoJason has to say.

The worst thing is that this stupid show is on ALL OF THE TIME! You can't get away from it!

Posts: 24 | Registered: Aug 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please please stop with this stupid show. It doesn't make sense and it's always on. It is a silly show and what happened to all of the other shows ???

I hate this show. It always has the same things with different people.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree!! Stop the madness of this show. The predictable scripting and the drama are way over board. Of course, the fact that it airs continuously for hours many days and nights adds to my disgust. I would get tired of any show that seems to be on every time I turn on HGTV.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't agree more. I tried watching this show. Fake acting and same thing happens every time. She can't fix it all, he finds the right house 3rd try. Cheesy acting throughout. AND it's on ALL the TIME. Sick of it.

Posts: 29 | Location: NC | Registered: Jun 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BonnieN
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love this show! It is real life to me, quit complaining or turn it off. Hillary does a wonderful job on these homes.
I love it. No complaints here.

Posts: 2671 | Location:  | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never posted on HGTV bc most shows I love until now!! Please cancel this one or stop airing it SOOOOO often! I miss shows like Vern, Candace and David!!! In addition to the other complaints noted, it's an hour long!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, too, have signed up for this board for the purpose of protesting
"Love it, or List it". I s-o-o- don't like this show! The scripting is just so horrible and its on more and more. Yes, the premise is good but, please, just do the show. It doesn't need to be scripted to work. Also, loose the overdone messy rooms before the makeovers. PLEASE, do you really think we believe they live like that. HGTV, I love you. Please hear us on this one.

Posts: 2 | Location: Anaheim, CA | Registered: Apr 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, and if it was not enough that I had to change the channel for the "love it or list it marathon", now we got "love it or list it too"!! What are you doing driving your faithful audience away? If we want drama we can just change channesl to Bravo. We want to see amazing interior design. Please get back on track!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that show STILL on? Eek I stopped watching HGTV months ago because of it. Just now took a peek & yep, it still seems to be showing. I'm outta here! Let me know when they cancel it & bring back some decent design programs & garden programs & anything worth watching!

Posts: 610 | Registered: Sep 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radiolady
posted Hide Post
get rid of the "scripts"? are you kidding? Every show is "scripted"(jobbed is the term). You can't have a show without it being jobbed. You were aware that on House Hunters they've already CHOSEN the home, right?

Either way, Love it or List It must be the most hated HGTV series aired today. It's so irrelevant, it's not funny. "LIOLI": Canadian homeowners who instead of moving decide to spend 50/75/100k to add a new bathroom or basement discover their half a million dollar home or more is fraught with structural issues, unsafe wiring, and leaks causing them to lose half their upgrade budget. Bad acting with phony "'arguments". HGTV, your American viewers do not CARE about our Canadian neighbors problems while we even with 20 percent down can't even get approved for a home loan on a 150k foreclosure. Love it or List is THE most boring unlikeable show ever. I groan every time I check the TV listings to see what's on, and see it there when I want to sit down for some programs to watch.

Your Love it or List it viewers may be vocal, but let me tell you the ones that aren't saying anything are probably 99 percent of HGTV viewers and who happen to HATE the show with a passion.

American viewers can't relate to Love It or List it. Our only relation to the show is that we all HATE IT and that you should CANCEL it.

rename the show: "Hate it and Cancel It"

John 1:8

Posts: 13 | Location: Houston | Registered: Jan 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love HGTV, but hate Love It or List It. When David opens his mouth, I reach for the remote. I do that anyway now when the show comes on. There is always a big problem with the reno and David always finds a house the third time. One time it was just three doors away. Do you really expect us to believe this, especially when after two minutes they decide what they are going to do. Give me a break. All this has been decided beforehand. ENOUGH ALREADY1

Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like the new LILI II. Can't stand either of the young uppies...like the old team David and Hillary..

Posts: 1 | Location: GA | Registered: Apr 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeannine.
posted Hide Post
Maybe I don't watch enough to be annoyed by LIOLI. I think the show is funny. HGTV Canada does far better with these more prescribed shows than HGTV America does (Designed to Sell got kind of painful after a while).

Regardless of the formulaic outline, I like seeing what Hillary does and it's interesting to see what the homeowners decide to do.

You have to admit that it's nice to see some larger budget projects with some demo and not just redecorating. Smile

Posts: 144 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: Aug 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
please cancel ugh what a show ... its always Row houses

Posts: 367 | Registered: Oct 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not get to see the end of 'Love it or List it, on Monday 5/13. Can anyone tell me what Jeff and Mika decided to do: Love it or List it, on House of Walls. It is driving me crazy!

Posts: 3 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: May 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got off work early on Monday and after I settled in I flipped on the t.v. to HGTV because it's my favorite channel.
What was on?? "Love It or List It," was running from 11am to 8PM!!! That's 10 hrs!! I flipped the channel in disgust. This wasn't like a marathon holiday weekend of "House Hunter's."
Is HGTV so short of programs that they have to run this awful show?? Where are all the designing shows and other unscripted programs???

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have watched exactly 3 of these pathetic shows. What designer who is a "pro" presents clients with work plans and has never pre-screened them with her contractor? Then she would know that a bearing wall will require extra expense. When you smell mustiness in the basement, most any of us non-designers, non contractors can figure out a remedy is needed and it will cost **. This is just stupidity for the sake of dramatic tension, when there really isn't any. I agree. Enough of this waste of time. Reruns of Design on a Dime are looking better, though actually, I'm encouraged to turn off the tube when this program is scheduled. Maybe that's a good thing!

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched this show for the first time the other night. Have to say, I like the idea of it and I personally enjoy seeing the remodel as well as the house hunting, but the show is way too long and boring at 1 hour. Should be 1/2 hour, IMO.

Posts: 6082 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried again to watch this show, but had to turn it off. It has to be the worst show on HGTV. David drives me nuts. He is a loud mouthed idiot and I'm being kind. Just once I would like to see Hilary remodel a house and not run into a major problem that eats up her budget. NEVER HAPPEN. ALSO, DAVID, SHUT YOUR BIG MOUTH>

Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree as well, I loathe this show. I too cannot understand why or how this show stays on, when 90% or more of the people on here hate it. Maybe all the shows are scripted, but this one is the worst and most obvious. Let me paint the picture of every episode for you.....one person wants to sell, the other wants to renovate. They give Hilary a set budget and she says she can give them what they want. Cue "unforeseen" problem to be found. Some kind off issue is found, be it structural, mold, etc. and now she can't give them everything they want, because the budget is being cut into to fix the problem. Cue the couple to get angry with Hilary, and think she can't deliver. Cue Hilary acting shocked and offended that they are upset with her. Cue David being snooty, sarcastic, and acting like he's better than everyone else, with his stereotypical eye roll, every few minutes. Throw in a heaping dose of annoying, not to mention unprofessional bickering between David and Hilary, and you have every single episode ever made. Please dump this beyond annoying, and fake show.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pumpkin Pooterpants,

Posts: 27 | Registered: Dec 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm in the minority on this message board, but I still like this show (and know a lot of other people who do too). The hosts may be a little corny, but the concept of the show is incredibly original. Why don't you do an American version? I have to say that I do agree with everyone on here that you air it WAY too much. Even for those of us who love the show, we've already seen all these episodes. HGTV does NOT make it easy to find out when new episodes of certain shows are airing. This is most epecially true of LIOLI and Bang for Your Buck. It's frustrating as a viewer.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I AGREE!! The 'Love It or List It" woman NEVER checks blue prints or city permits. Meantime, all our favorite shows are GONE - like Color Splash / Candace Tells All / Unsellables / Design on a Dime / High-Low Project -- Furthermore, last year's Design Star -Danielle - never got her own show! Furthermore, HGTV has THE NERVE to run 'Love It Or List It' 50 times a week and Design Star only TWICE!! I think we need to BOYCOTT HGTV and show them not to muck with viewer loyalty.

Please please stop with this stupid show. It doesn't make sense and it's always on. It is a silly show and what happened to all of the other shows ???

I hate this show. It always has the same things with different people.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jun 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I AGREE!! The 'Love It or List It" woman NEVER checks blue prints or city permits. Meantime, all our favorite shows are GONE - like Color Splash / Candace Tells All / Unsellables / Design on a Dime / High-Low Project -- Furthermore, last year's Design Star -Danielle - never got her own show! Furthermore, HGTV has THE NERVE to run 'Love It Or List It' 50 times a week and Design Star only TWICE!! I think we need to BOYCOTT HGTV and show them not to muck with viewer loyalty.

quote:
Originally posted by Pumpkin Pooterpants:
I agree as well, I loathe this show. I too cannot understand why or how this show stays on, when 90% or more of the people on here hate it. Maybe all the shows are scripted, but this one is the worst and most obvious. Let me paint the picture of every episode for you.....one person wants to sell, the other wants to renovate. They give Hilary a set budget and she says she can give them what they want. Cue "unforeseen" problem to be found. Some kind off issue is found, be it structural, mold, etc. and now she can't give them everything they want, because the budget is being cut into to fix the problem. Cue the couple to get angry with Hilary, and think she can't deliver. Cue Hilary acting shocked and offended that they are upset with her. Cue David being snooty, sarcastic, and acting like he's better than everyone else, with his stereotypical eye roll, every few minutes. Throw in a heaping dose of annoying, not to mention unprofessional bickering between David and Hilary, and you have every single episode ever made. Please dump this beyond annoying, and fake show.

posted Hide Post

quote:
Originally posted by cherylsj:
Love it or list it should be love it or can it.
The viewers have spoken.

posted Hide Post
Can it.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to see a follow-up show where the homeowners discuss how their decision turned out. Were they unhappy with what they did? Especially interesting would be the ones who listed - how were the costs compared to what was predicted. I think the selling prices are grossly inflated. Flippers would go wild if you could get back 1 1/2 to 2 times your investment.

Posts: 1 | Location: central New Jersey | Registered: Jul 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sick and tired of Love It or List It. The pathetic acting of the 2 main characters is overwhelming. I feel like I am watching a soap opera when the climax is always the same...they love the "last" house shown. Repeats, repeats, repeats...give us a break.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jul 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love it and I hate it. Please stop using the word "spacious",
And for the love of Pete, Hillary tell the owners they aren't
Giving you enough money for the problems you find
Every time.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This show is REALLY bad at this point. Great idea and then you had to add all of this SCRIPTED drama to every episode. Look, we know the formula already...Hillary knows nothing about construction or local regulations (at least that is the way that you portray her) and David is not going to find ANYTHING for consideration until the very last house. Could you please do some shows where Hillary actually can deliver what she promises. If I was her, I would get off of this show. You really make her look stupid!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The hosts of this show are the most annoying people ever! And the premise is always the same. The husband and wife disagree on whether or not to sell. Hillary makes promises she can't keep. Same old. Same old. Time to get rid of this show and find something relevant to the American viewing audience.

Posts: 7 | Location: United States | Registered: Jan 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they cancel this show then they would just rerun the others more than they already are. Creativity is a real problem on this channel.

Posts: 7 | Location: United States | Registered: Jan 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hgtv does way to many repeat shows, esp in a row for 6 to eight hours. This is ridiculous. Way to much Love it or list it, and too much Property Brothes. You have many other shows you could run. Quit repeating ad nauseum. How about selling LA or Ny. Many of your great shows have disappeared. wHY????Please change it up.

Posts: 1 | Location: Indiana | Registered: Feb 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pat
posted Hide Post
Sorry I can't watch this show anymore. They talk like everyone is stupid and talk the same way to each other. Every home they redo has these big problems. You and I know this is crap. Just do less and ask for more money. Then we have property brothers. So sick of them also. With showing these shows over and over again, you are losing viewers. Viewers are not watching, they are tuning into other channels. The viewers are not the losers, your the losers because you are losing us as viewers.

Posts: 1193 | Location: Washington State | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes.Ditto. Agree with these posts. Concept is good. The aim for some kind of formula-soap-drama is immature and insults the intelligence of your viewer. I've been counting the number of rolling eyes lately - mostly because I keep the program on mute (can't handle the whining from everyone). First it was just the designer. Then you pulled in the real estate guy. Next, the homeowner turned up the annoying factor,and now I believe you have the sub-contractors in on the whining. We're all adults aren't we? Even my children think it's annoying. Please! Figure out a sensible way to present this show. Everyone involved should go to time out and read a book or two on how to get along with others. Your viewer does not want to be this angry and frustrated.

Posts: 1 | Location: California | Registered: Apr 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Love It, List It,

I know I may sound foolish but i was use to watch this show, specially for Hilary. Loved her acting also the character of David. But can't see this show anymore because of their concept which I don't like personally.
So use to love it but now Hate it Wink

Posts: 7 | Location: Ontario | Registered: Mar 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post