Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Longer A Fan Sign In/Join 
posted
I know I am not your target audience as I am a man in my 50's, but just as a point of interest I thought you might like to know that my partner and I have cut down our viewing from approx. 5 hours per week to 1/2 - 1 hour per week based on the current line up. I would be happy to return to HGTV if you had more serious design related programming like Sarah Richardson.

Posts: 1738 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ruth
posted Hide Post
I no longer watch either. I just have no use for all the 'man cave' hype.

It is so obvious that programming $ is just not there.

Mary Ruth
Like stamp sm
*****We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are! ***** (Anaias Nin)***** http://pinterest.com/mary_ruth/

Posts: 9544 | Location: East Space Coast, Florida zone 9B | Registered: Feb 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CatieCupCake
posted Hide Post
My viewing of shows on HGTV has dropped off too. I had the TV on all day (and on HGTV) even though I wasn't always sitting in front of it. Now I don't bother turning it to HGTV, I'd rather listen to the music channels I get thru the TV. TOOO many of the same kind of shows.

Cathy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grandchildren are God's gift to you for not killing your own!

We don't stop playing because we grow old...we grow old because we stop playing Smile

Posts: 7641 | Location: Northern California USA | Registered: Oct 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mîz M
posted Hide Post
I stopped watching quite a while back, except for a couple of episodes of "Donna Does Dungeon". What a treat: a personal shopper for wealthy friends, who turns rooms that look like medieval dungeons, into rooms that look like blinged medieval dungeons.

I'm all for variety and don't expect to like every show on every network. But good grief. I don't think it's too much to ask for sophisticated and professional designers, informational gardening shows, and less real estate.

When is the last time anyone got inspiration from HGTV?

~Jill~

Posts: 13616 | Location: Texas | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only reason I registered was to complain about the crap they have on HGTV also. They may as well change the name to HTV since there are no good, much less bad, gardening shows anymore. I too used to watch on a regular basis, but now I never bother. Get the rights to "The Victory Garden" my absolute favorite or "Ground Force" or rerun Paul James' "Gardening By The Yard". What, no one is interested in gardening anymore????

Posts: 7 | Location: Ray City , GA | Registered: Nov 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
bruce12, Welcome to the Boards. I hope you visit and post often.

There are a lot of people interested in gardening, but not at HGTV apparently. Maybe they think "Garden Crashers" is enough to put on the air. I don't think so.

I am not into Facebook, but I have heard that you can let them know your thoughts about programming on their Facebook Page. That might help get your idea across to them.

Posts: 1469 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the new posters - as another former HGTV addict I'm pretty vocal on here about the lack of good and intelligent design shows. HGTV seems to now be the RE channel. On the rare occasion when they seem to put something on that may be intelligent and not geared towards the "dumb and dumber" crowd they quickly realize their mistake and take it off the air.

Although I'm not a gardener nor am I a crafter, I feel for those who are and are searching in vain for decent shows.

HGTV has dropped the ball all the way around and of course, won't admit it. I rarely watch t.v. anyway, and it's even rarer that I tune in to HGTV just for these reasons.

I want my old HGTV back!

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
doodles, there have always been good gardening and crafting programs on public television. Maybe they will fill the void with programming featuring designers. Since we can't get any response from HGTV, maybe that's our only option--start lobbying PBS!

Posts: 3255 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome guys! I’m not a member of Facebook either and won’t be. Don’t like them tracking you everywhere you go on the internet even when you are not actively on Facebook. PBS isn’t much better. Where is the programming like Bob Ross I used to be addicted to like my wife is to soaps. But getting back to HTV, you know they really do not care what you think about the programming. Complain all we want. HTV is comfortable in their slot on cable and the dish networks and I think that whether we watch or not HTV gets paid by these companies to have the privilege to broadcast this drivel. AND HTV is not the only channel that is this way. 250 channels, 500 channels, it don’t make a bit of difference. Same thing over and over again or nothing worth watching at all and it seems to only be getting worse. Paying $600-$700 or more a year for this is just not smart on our part. The solution I think is to dump cable and the dish companies completely, buy the DVD,s you want to watch and listen to the news on the radio or pick it up just about anything you want off the internet. Radical I know, but really, is what we are getting for our money worth what we are paying?? No! But I also know it isn't going to happen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: brucel2,

Posts: 7 | Location: Ray City , GA | Registered: Nov 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
bruce12,

I have thought many times that I surely am not getting my money's worth with my cable.

Now, I am going to be presumptious..
You mentioned that you used to watch Bob Ross. He is aired on the PBS channel here in Ohio, but what I want to tell you is...Jerry Yarnell gives painting lessons on the PBS also and he does a wonderful job. He is on Saturday at 1:30pm here. He is an art instructor and has the Jerry Yarnell School of Art. If you liked Bob Ross, I think you would probably like Jerry Yarnell. He explains everything he does and I am leaarning a lot.

Please forgive me if I have presumed too much.

Posts: 1469 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information mriley. I will have to check that out. I have not seen that show but will check to see if we get it down here. And no you certainly have not presumed too much. Thanks again.

posted Hide Post
Bruce, you do have good points. I would be pretty happy to just dump the t.v. - I don't watch all that much anyway. My sister is living with me temporarily and she is a huge t.v. fan - so the 1 t.v. in the house is on in the evenings even if I'm not watching it. I'm doing a living room for some clients who have not had a t.v. in 20 years - and they have 4 kids, 1 in college, 16 yr old twin girls and a 10 year old girl. They just don't want the garbage that is shown on t.v. in their home. My granddaughter and her husband made the decision to do without t.v. a couple years ago - they have 2 little girls. I think more and more there are families who ARE opting to go without the boob tube. The few (very few) programs that are decent and intelligent aren't worth having the rest of the garbage there. Just do without it.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh mriley, I did forget to mention that I still watch Bob Ross regularly as I suggested earlier, though his DVD's. I never get tired of the way he can manipulate paint with a 3" brush.

posted Hide Post
Hey Doodles I know what you mean. TV on just for the background noise while I am reading a book or taking a nap. I would do without in a heartbeat but I would have a wife to deal with. She complains as much as I do about all the programing but she would go crazy without it.

Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
bruce12, I have just learned that you can watch a video of a Jerry Yarnell art lesson online with your computer. It is a half hour lesson. It takes Jerry 3 or 4 lessons to complete a picture,

Go to: Jerry Yarnell School of Fine Art

Then click on: Video of the week

Jerry paints a lot of landscapes as well as birds.

I think you will like this. Marylee

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

posted Hide Post
See Marylee, you have just proven what I said earlier about the internet. Pretty much all interests are covered either in text or videos such as U Tube. Want to paint, its there. Want to build a boat, its there. Missed an episode of your favorite show, its usually there. I'll be checking Jerry out on the computer. Thanks again Marylee. Yep, just checked our Georgia PBS and Jerry is not programed for this area. Bruce

This message has been edited. Last edited by: brucel2,

posted Hide Post
I'm tired of the same types of shows, crash this, crash that, man caves, buying a home, blah, blah, blah. I would like to see some craft shows like they use to have (beading, art, woodworking, That's Clever type shows too). I like the home repair shows and I love Design on a Dime but want more variety too.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ntuitive1
posted Hide Post
TV in general started really going down the tubes about 6 years ago or so (although it had been sliding before that just not as much). The History Channel is no longer about history but pawn shops and truckers. Talk about appealing to the masses and the "least common denominator"! Then for a while you could find the good historical shows on "History International", then "The National Geographic Channel" and now nowhere but of course PBS. HGTV is unfortunately being affected by that same trend to some degree.

It's not even about appealing to young people as opposed to older people as much as it's about appealing to the "common man" or whatever they think the common man is, which is usually an insult to their average audience member no matter their age.

I don't know where this so-called "wisdom" is coming from in TV programming these days. It just keeps getting lower and lower and lower in quality and class. Where is it all going to end? When we are back to watching gladiator competitions? Bread and Circuses all over again!

Posts: 2145 | Registered: Aug 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ntuitive1:
TV in general started really going down the tubes about 6 years ago or so (although it had been sliding before that just not as much). The History Channel is no longer about history but pawn shops and truckers. Talk about appealing to the masses and the "least common denominator"! Then for a while you could find the good historical shows on "History International", then "The National Geographic Channel" and now nowhere but of course PBS. HGTV is unfortunately being affected by that same trend to some degree.

It's not even about appealing to young people as opposed to older people as much as it's about appealing to the "common man" or whatever they think the common man is, which is usually an insult to their average audience member no matter their age.

I don't know where this so-called "wisdom" is coming from in TV programming these days. It just keeps getting lower and lower and lower in quality and class. Where is it all going to end? When we are back to watching gladiator competitions? Bread and Circuses all over again!

Yep, I completely agree with you. They don't care about class or style or intelligence as long as they can put on something to fill a spot and get people to watch. As long as people are fascinated by a lack of class, good ol' boys rounding up snakes or pigs (or whatever), tattooed yahoos and fat chicks bounty hunting and exploiting people who are "different" either because they're little or cranking out a bajillion kids - or ultra rich, the future of t.v. programming is in the toilet. Literally.

As I said, I watch very little. My sister is taking off tomorrow for a week and I seriously doubt I'll have the t.v. on for more than an hour or two the entire time she's gone.

posted Hide Post
Love It Or List It, just put me over the edge. The designer was actually raising her voice to her client! On top of that she started the reno without a complete plan. HGTV continues to give the general public the idea that designers are flighty, uncommunicative, and disorganized. I am so insulted by the damage HGTV is doing to the image of how a designer works and acts that I've had it with this station.

Posts: 1738 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with you 100%, Charles. HGTV has gone down the phony "reality" road, and the result is cheap, junky programming--with about 75% of it consisting of endless House Hunters repeats (a show I've never seen for more than 30 seconds, as the very sound of the woman host's smarmy voice literally makes my skin crawl). Sarah Richardson is the only designer on HGTV worth watching.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charles D I just watched the episode I am sure you are talking about. I have NEVER seen a designer on HGTV work in such a manner, no design, no cost workout, and her attitude. But the realtor was just as bad, I have beeen one and have many friends that are and NEVER would we EVER treat someone like he treated that husband.
Cat Rescue there are many great designers on HGTV, they may not all suit your style, but they meet someones. I like Antonio, although not sure his style would work in my home, but I think he comes up with great concepts for the people who is just right for.

Personally I love the idea of the show "Love it or List it" I just think they need to replace both the designer and realtor with people who are competent at there jobs and LIKE people.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
darlings, welcome to the boards, but I have to ask you this: If HGTV has so many great designers why are they airing so many House Hunter reruns day and night?

Posts: 3255 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sms29s66:
darlings, welcome to the boards, but I have to ask you this: If HGTV has so many great designers why are they airing so many House Hunter reruns day and night?

Because they're way off the mark on what people really want to see? True, you can count on the fingers of one hand the good designers on this network and still have room to salute HGTV.

posted Hide Post
enough of House Hunters already!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped watching Design Star after Antonio won. In addition, most of the shows I loved no longer air or only air in reruns. Spice my Kitchen, Divine Design (only reruns), Carter Can, etc. I do like Sarah's House and Property Brother's, but overall a bit disappointed with HGTV's lineup!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pajs:
enough of House Hunters already!

Amen! I cannot stand that there's no diversity and the only diversity is programming which is unappealing or an overviewing of hits. What a disappointment for a station I absolutely used to love!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ntuitive1
posted Hide Post
I don't think HGTV knows how to run its network so it relies on it's "ol' reliable" cash cow to make money for them (House Hunters). At this point they're probably throwing up their hands because they don't know what to do next.

Posts: 2145 | Registered: Aug 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing that's usually on when I get the chance to watch tv, is house hunters or house hunters international... Sorry, but While it's interesting to see just how over priced some areas housing is, like say India, I'm really not that interested in looking in homes like that.

I'd also be less concerned about the diy type people, if they actually put a show on that taught people how to use the tools, like say maybe um New Yankee workshop or something like that every once in a while. But as it is, the diy type shows they have, the people doing them often have unsafe technique , incorrect technique, or use the cheapest bottom of the barrel materials available for a look that will last approximately a month.

"The mark of a good carpenter is not how few mistakes he makes, but how well he fixes them."

Posts: 152 | Registered: Feb 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I send emails to HGTV/Scripps Network about once a week. I tell them which shows I like and why. I also tell them the ones I don't like and why.

I also make suggestions as to the kind of shows I and others on this Board would like to see aired.

I don't think they read these Boards, (I suggest this a lot) so it doesn't do any good to try to talk to them here. Just my opinion.

Maybe if enough people wrote to them it would make them take notice. It is just as easy to vent your frustrations and make suggestions in an email as it is here on the Forum and it just might do some good. Again, this is just my opinion.

For those of you into Facebook, you can send messages to them on their Facebook. That is probably the best way to reach them but I am not into Facebook, so I go the email route.

Thank you for listening. I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Holiday.

Marylee

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

posted Hide Post
I am SO SICK of nothing but House Hunters INTERNATIONAL on Friday nights. Yeah, there are people that don't go out on the weekends.....This show has to go.

Posts: 213 | Location: MN | Registered: Mar 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too used to keep HGTV on in the evenings. Now everytime I check to see what's on it's always about Real Estate. It's on every night! I don't watch it. I keep checking back to see if there is something different on.

Where have all the design shows gone! Real Estate is okay on ocassion but I don't want to watch it nightly.

Bring the Design shows back!!!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see that I am not the only one who is totally dismayed about HGTV's transformation into "Real Estate TV." (RETV?) I used to look forward to days at home so I could turn it on and watch all day long: decorating, crafts, organizing, gardening. Now, it seems that the crafts, organizing, gardening shows are gone. Decorating shows are just a few hours--if that--in the afternoons--and they are reruns! Sabrina Soto's staging shows gives a lot of how-to information, and "Bang for your Buck" is really a decorating show, but the other real estate shows are boring, boring, boring and I find myself searching for other things to watch or do. So--advertisers--take note.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lady of shallot
posted Hide Post
Actually about the only thing I do like is HH int'l, but that is for the scenery not the house hunting.

Unlike the rest of you I have simply no expectation of anything interesting coming from HGTV, except of course for these message boards.

Posts: 12241 | Registered: Jun 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I have joined Facebook in order to try and get messages to HGTV. There are a lot of viewers on Facebook who are dissatisfied with the programming on HGTV. They have been trying for over a year to get through to TPTB at HGTV but to no avail. One of the Facebookers suggested sending emails to "Contact Us" which is what I have been saying. When you click on Contact Us, there is a message from HGTV on the top of the page and it says..."email us with your comments, suggestions or questions." I don't know why they bother...they don't seem to read them, act on them or care about our opinions.

I will step down off my soapbox now. Thanks for listening and Happy New Year.

Marylee

posted Hide Post
well you are 1 of thousands as I am tired of paying direct tv to provide me with hgtv and diy network as they are both going downhill .All they think of is there dream home and green homes and urban oasis lately and who ever came up with selling LA and NY and spelling manor ,I have no clue .I think they are paying to put those shows on tv .I get to watch them woo hoo .not exciting at all .We talk and they keep going down hill .happy new year all and I hope hgtv is listening to the new year wishes

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jul 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltinnana
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. I thought I was in the minority. I used to love House Hunters but have grown tired of listening to spoiled brats declaring they want an old home with character but then whining about small closets, no master bath, and wanting cookie-cutter marble counter tops, stainless steel appliances, etc.

I like House Hunters International because it often puts into perspective how other countries live. I often wonder how these people can afford to buy expensive second homes overseas.

IMHO, HGTV dropped the ball when they did away with all the morning craft shows. I have found alternative programming on PBS and the internet. I wish the powers that be would just take a survey of how many posts each area of interest generates on this Board. The largest by far is the quilting and needlework board, followed by decorating and gardening. Three topics we get precious few programs dedicated to.

Not many people nowadays have the need or budget for expensive homes or large renovation projects.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: quiltinnana,

Posts: 1510 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Jan 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of renni1010
posted Hide Post
Funny, they might have lost viewers but they've gained so much more! I have become an Hgtv addict! It happened by mistake but nevertheless, they have plenty of loyal watchers.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Feb 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of diabar
posted Hide Post
I have resisted complaining, but I cannot any longer. HGTV has so much potential to educate renters, buyers, remodelers, and gardeners. And yet it seems to be stuck in a rut, showing people who are sooo ignorant of the basics of building and gardening. And I do not mean just the "guests" on the shows. So many of the HGTV experts go into remodeling projects without having someone with engineering experience assess the structure they want to remodel.

Time after time, the "experts" open walls and find plumbing, electric, and/or heating that they should have been able to locate from the basement or crawlspace. And gardening programs don’t go far enough into explaining sculpting landscape for safe water runoff and other protective features.

Also, I have gotten so tired of hearing home shoppers whining and whining about decorating details, instead of looking at the details of the structure itself. The experts take these people thru houses and explain this, and yet HGTV scripts the programs to, over and over and over, include their negative superficial comments.

Please, HGTV, keep growing and maturing and live up to your fantastic potential and educate people more.

Posts: 2 | Location: Galena, IL | Registered: Jan 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have watched HGTV for many years. However, I am tired of every evening being inundated with realty show after realty show! Enough already! Why aren't you mixing up the programming? Too much of a good thing is not a good thing!

The scripts on the reality shows are also very boring. They all follow the same exact format! I would be happy to return to HGTV if they show more craft, decorating, art, gardening anything but more realty shows. Until then I will be watching more C.S.I.!

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Mar 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that Candace has stolen Sarah's schtick of filming the mistakes one has to ask, why? Is this a directive from the network to create faux drama. I thought the demise of Dina's Party was the end of faux reality. Guess not. HGTV has chosen to sink to the lowest common denominator by going for the Jersey Shore audience, rather than raising the bar, and bucking the current trend of World Weekly News and Star Magazine type hype and Bull.

posted Hide Post
The saddest part of all is, HGTV used to have wonderful programming. It had a vast variety of home and garden shows, craft shows, do it yourself shows, etc. It was so interesting, so educational, so entertaining.

These last few years it has just gone downhill. So, so sad. We've been mentioning this on the boards time and time again yet there doesn't appear to be any changes towards putting it back the way it used to be.

Posts: 6057 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, and where is Gal Abby? Does she still post here?

Posts: 6057 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charcoalsmom:
Oh, and where is Gal Abby? Does she still post here?

Nope, she's been MIA for months and months - it's my theory that she either got tired of mouthing the party line (Yes, HGTV DOES care; our programming is reviewed...blah blah blah) and quit or TPTB decided she wasn't necessary because they don't give a flying fig about even the pretense of caring what their viewers want/think.

posted Hide Post
After years of being employed outside the home I looked forward to a time when I could be at home during the day, including in my day some HGTV. Now, I am at home but I have stopped watching HGTV. For awhile, I would tune in for the rare decorating show on in the afternoon, until I had seen all of them 3 or 4 times. So, Turner Classic movies still does a good job of variety during the day, and otherwise, it is Oldie CDs.

posted Hide Post
I totally agree with you guys. I actually joined this forum just so I could voice my opinion. I hate all these real estate shows, it's ridiculous. I also hate how incredibly serious and dramatic these shows have become, what happened to light-hearted fun shows? I don't need even more drama in my life. Lighten up people!
What happened to Color Splash and Design on a Dime? The only show left that I really like is the Antonio Treatment, and it only comes on once a week!
I mean, come on, there's 300 million people, give or take, in this country, surely there are one or two good designers left to put on HGTV, right? Jeez...

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think the network is missing the boat in a huge way. Today people have lost homes and are renters or are staying in their homes and have had to cut their budgets. Flipping houses and large scale remodeling projects are out! Where are the programs on decorating and remodeling on a budget? Where are the programs on decorating a rental? Where are the programs on gardening with vegetables and fruits? Where are the programs showing how to make the most of your own produce such a canning, etc? Where are the programs that give tips on living economically? Where are the programs that teach sewing for your home and family? Where are the programs that give tips on decorating with what you already have? Where are the programs that teach you how to craft items? Where are the programs that actually teach you things? How to decorate on a budget, feed your family on a budget, grow and put up your own food, sew for your family and home, decorate and celebrate the holidays... I can't think that I'm the only person in America who desperately wants this type of programming and I think it includes all the different age groups. I joined this forum just to vent...hope someone is listening...

Posts: 25 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why MUST they re-run House Hunters and HH International constantly? I have seen every one of the episodes at least 5 times each. As soon as it comes on now, I switch stations. And what ever happened to The Antonio Project? I'm glad Myles of Styles (or whatever the name was) isn't on anymore. I love Holmes on Homes, but even that show I have seen each episode approx. 6 times.

One thing besides all of the above, is when David Bromstad moved to Florida, nothing was said, one season he was in the Bay Area, and POOF, all of a sudden he is in Florida. And I do not like his 2 female helpers. And apparently he thinks he is way better than he is. Now, I've noticed that when I check what they are doing on the episode, they always say David Bromstad re-does this or that room. I can't remember when I've seen the host's full name in the title. I wish he would have said something about San Francisco before he left.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You think that's bad, apparently they are no longer giving program information to my local paper, which just prints the same thing every week. So, there is no point in looking for something I might like to see any more, because the TV guide at least in our area is wrong, and it is the same old shows over and over and over and over.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brucel2:
The only reason I registered was to complain about the crap they have on HGTV also. They may as well change the name to HTV since there are no good, much less bad, gardening shows anymore. I too used to watch on a regular basis, but now I never bother. Get the rights to "The Victory Garden" my absolute favorite or "Ground Force" or rerun Paul James' "Gardening By The Yard". What, no one is interested in gardening anymore????
Wave

Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post