Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Feedback Center
Hop To Forums   Talk to HGTV Community Gal Abby
  Why I hate HGTV with illistrations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why I hate HGTV with illistrations Sign In/Join 
posted
A couple of years ago we found out my wife has breast cancer. After a mastectomy and a year of chemo she had reconstructive surgery on December 5th. Since her surgery she has been confined to sleeping on our recliner in the living room wile I sleep on the couch in case she needs help getting to the bath room or what ever.
At first the Doctor said she will have to sleep in this position for 21 days but on Monday the Doctor extended it another 21 days.
Since the Recliner my wife is sleeping in is in the living room our TV has been tuned to HGTV 24 hours a day... non stop!
Since My wife has always hated the "closed concept" of our house all of this HGTV viewing has inspired me to Draw plans for renovating our house and another plan for converting my work shop into the House of our dreams.

It make me feel so sad that I will never be able to afford the renovation needed to create the house of our dreams and it is highly unlikely I will be able to give my wife that open concept in our existing home that she has always wanted.
The sad part is even though HGTV reminds me of this every wakeing moment I can't stop watching.
My new favorite show is the Property Brothers

Dream Home before and After

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the dream of our existing home before and after

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post