Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PROGRAMING HAS BECOME SO BORING Sign In/Join 
Picture of slv53
posted
I have watched HGTV faithfully for years now and yet, for the last 6 months it has been off way more than it used to be. I used to love the decorating programs, the before and after programs, etc. I love the diversity of HGTV. Now, it is boring. I am sick of all the shows they have on now. Al;most all of them are shows like, Property Brothers, Rental Property, both of which I love. But don't get me started on "Love it or List it!" If I see it one more time, wait, that can't happen for I STOPPED WATCHING!!!!!! That show is sincerely below HGTV's standards, or so I thought. What happened to shows like Divine Design, Designed to Sell, Curb Appeal, anything that has decorating, gardening, just get some variety for, until they wise up, HGTV will lose so many of it's viewers!
I just had to have my say, "LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!'

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find the current programming to be so boring also. There seem to be so few shows aired now and the fact that they are played over and over and over and over makes it look as though HGTV is losing it and has nothing else to put out there. I have been a huge fan for many years but now can rarely find an interesting show to watch. The only show I tune in for is House Hunters International whenever there is an episode on a European location. Otherwise blah. Property Brothers and Income Property would be enjoyable to watch if they only came on twice a week. Love It or List It is way over scripted and dramatic and predictable and seems to be on every time I turn the TV on. Hilary is very talented but needs a better show. Seriously, what is wrong that you can't do any better than this anymore. I will soon be a lost faithful fan.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well said!!!

Posts: 29 | Location: NC | Registered: Jun 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slv53:
I have watched HGTV faithfully for years now and yet, for the last 6 months it has been off way more than it used to be. I used to love the decorating programs, the before and after programs, etc. I love the diversity of HGTV. Now, it is boring. I am sick of all the shows they have on now. Al;most all of them are shows like, Property Brothers, Rental Property, both of which I love. But don't get me started on "Love it or List it!" If I see it one more time, wait, that can't happen for I STOPPED WATCHING!!!!!! That show is sincerely below HGTV's standards, or so I thought. What happened to shows like Divine Design, Designed to Sell, Curb Appeal, anything that has decorating, gardening, just get some variety for, until they wise up, HGTV will lose so many of it's viewers!
I just had to have my say, "LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!'

Posts: 3 | Location: Atlanta Georgia | Registered: Apr 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the design shows. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of anything that talks about renting or buying houses. The housing market is frozen! Doesn't HGTV know that people are having to stay where they are so they want to decorate? So tell us how to make what we have nice. I so long for the old shows. My TV used to constantly be on HGTV, now I hardly ever remember to check it out? WHAT HAPPENED?????

Posts: 3 | Location: Atlanta Georgia | Registered: Apr 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I totally agree, as a matter of fact that's why I went online today. I wanted to communicate to HGTV how boring their programming has become. I used to watch a lot of different shows. If I was home during the afternoon in a weekday, I just to love to watch shows such as "designers challenge", "design on a dime, etc. Then, there was Divine design, deserving design, etc. Now it's a marathon of "love it or list it?! and in addition "love it or list it too!!!? You need to do something and get back to the programming that put you on top. Please change back to the HGTV we used to love!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radiolady
posted Hide Post
I KNOW! Tell me about it! I've noticed a trend: it's all about greed. Shows about "flipping" properties, or that miserable flea market finds garbage, see, it appears all of the shows revolve around making some kind of profit. Noticed that?? It seems to me that all of the networks have appealed to the lowest common denominator of "sins": greed/sloth/gluttony. I know, I know, sounds conspiratorial, right? Well, am I right or what? is not more than half the shows on HGTV about making some kind of profit, or having something to do with conspicuous excess?

Also: please LOSE "love it or list it" it *****. No one cares about some house in CANADA where a couple whines about 75k in upgrades. We're all out of work here in the States. I'd never want to live there. Every house under re-do has a million problems like bad wiring and structural issues and leaks and cost over 500k in a crowded neighborhood where the houses are inches from each other. We don't care about their crummy house and whether they have a 2nd bathroom or not.

John 1:8

Posts: 8 | Location: Houston | Registered: Jan 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also USED to love HGTV...now it's all about buying and selling houses...I want ideas and inspiration for decorating my home. I want to see the Design Stars...where are they? I want to see design shows. HGTV, come back to your roots!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am new to this chat forum. Does anyone know what the heck is going on with HGTV's programming?! Where are all the shows I've loved and watched for years? Why are shows like Love it or List it on for several hours at a time. I want to see the shows that have been the foundation of this channel. Shows like Color Splash,Sarah's House, Dear Genevieve. What's going on? I'm watching less and less of my beloved HGTV!!

Posts: 1 | Location: Washington DC/Baltimore | Registered: Apr 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I signed up for this forum just so I could express my frustration. I too loved HGTV. Why are they bothering with another Dsign Star show-which I really love to watch-when there are no designer shows on anymore? I can't stand Love it or List it and growing tired of the Property Brothers! My very first favorite was Designers Challenge and that got me hooked on HGTV! No I check the schedule and watch something else. So sad!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I joined this blog because I agree with all these posts and needed to see if others felt the same. I have always loved the decorating shows and there are no new ones now. What happened to Candice, David, and Genevive, etc? How about last years' Design Star winner? Please change some of the programming... we are BORED!

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post