Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Renovation Raiders Sign In/Join 
posted
Just saw my first episode. How far did you have to go to A. Find a mechanic who couldn't disable a car WITHOUT disconnecting the battery cable? B. Find a moron to tail them and report back ?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so disappointed in this show. 60 minutes of a gal yelling at her construction crew to HURRY UP. It's annoying. I see it's another scripted show like Love it or List it (Will Hilary find enough money in her budget?)..and House Hunters (Let's eliminate one choice.) Cant we have some good "spontaneous" decorating shows? Puhhhhlease?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seenitall:
Just saw my first episode. How far did you have to go to A. Find a mechanic who couldn't disable a car WITHOUT disconnecting the battery cable? B. Find a moron to tail them and report back ?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seenitall:

this show is very unrealistic. Going out for dinner for 5 hours & all the major changesFrown I can't image the workmanship is that great.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If HGTV were really serious about find a new Star they would begin by getting rid of the three stooges for judges: Vern Yip, Sabrina Soto, and Genevieve Gorder.
Vern is a one hit wonder. Every room I have seen him decorate always looks the same.Genevieve Gorder is not a designer she is a psycholoist and not a very good one. Her design talents are laughable. Sabrina Soto is a joke at trying to find budget friendly furniture and accessories. It is evident she has no skills whatsoever at finding and buying accessories. IF she had any talent it would be evident with her choices.

Posts: 3 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: May 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched one episode and thought how dumb it is to just have the couple go out to eat. Tried watching another bc HGTV is just about all I watch and I can't do it! 5 min in and I don't want to feel stressed about these idiots trying to do a renovation in one night with some hokey tactics to get the people to be gone longer. Please don't continue this show. Can't wait for the property brothers face off though!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the idea of watching a renovation being done in a few hours would be fascinating, and looked forward to seeing the nuts and bolts of how to do it. But instead of watching the design development, as well as how to accomplish the renovation so quickly, we are treated to a constant barrage of commentary about the owners who aren't home, and how to keep them from getting home too soon. WHO CARES?? I thought this was a renovation show, not Sophomoric Candid Camera. I got bored after two shows of watching from a distance as couples ate dinner and just gave up.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we have been watching the show this afternoon and are wondering how the work done by these people will last more than a month? as someone who has been in the flooring business for 25 years when I saw carpet being stapled......how does that work?? it won't last. I just hope the people that get "raided" get a true makeover done right by these people. also would be much nicer to see more of the building of the cabinets to know if they are sturdy or not instead of the focus on getting the family to stay away long enough.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had this show on in the background while I was doing something else so I did not watch every minute. What I did see was enough to determine that it is not a worthwhile show - too much drama. I agree with other posters - what is the quality of the work? I am most disappointed in Amy Matthews - she is better than this. Bring back Sweat Equity.

Posts: 190 | Registered: Jan 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with all the comments. I wish we could have some of the shows we used to have where the emphasis was on educating the viewers, not some poorly done While You Were Out rip off.

Posts: 1055 | Registered: Nov 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This show is ridiculous!!! Why are they rushing to get things done in 5 hours when they could do this during the day while people are at work??? They would have more time.....doesn't make sense...cancel quickly!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lavern2
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched this yet, but I'm sure I'll catch it eventually, because it will be in re-runs for ages to come...

But my first thought about the concept is:

"Who goes to dinner for 5 hours?????" Smile

Posts: 1026 | Location: Chesterfield, Virginia | Registered: Jan 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Renovation Raiders actually reminds me a lot of a show that TLC used to air called While You Were Out, it's essentially the same premise except the home owners would spend the weekend away from home(no doubt RR copied WYWO) For example a husband or child would send his wife or the chid would send parent to a weekend spa retreat or a bed and breakfast to "have a relaxing time away from the stresses of life" or they would wait until the spouse/parent was away or a business trip only to have them return home to a completely renovated room. I've got to say I much preferred this idea because I have no doubt that the quality of the craftsmanship was far better than anything that could be completed in just 5 hours.!

Posts: 19 | Registered: Jul 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post