Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Property Brothers Sign In/Join 
posted
I LOVE this show AND the commercial! LOL! My only wish...

The demo segment on each program is fun to watch, however, all I can think of is the waste of still usable appliances and cabinets that could be donated for those less fortunate. There are so many low income people who would love some of these items.

One such national charity, and my personal favorite, is Rebuilding Together. I have both donated and purchased items there. They recycle as many things as possible including doors, windows, cabinets, appliances, etc. This is a terrific, established organization of which my mother is involved.

The demo could certainly still have that fun aspect through tearing out walls, etc. The reusable items, however, would be not only beneficial to the less fortunate, but would also be a good tax write off for HGTV.

I would love some feedback on this issue. Thank you for your time. I LOVE HGTV!

Posts: 1 | Location: Ridgely, MD | Registered: May 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post