Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where's Cousins Undercover? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Rona Hanson
posted
Hi,

I am a volunteer with Rebuilding Together Metro Denver, and a Realtor(r) in Denver with a request. I have become acquainted with a Denver family of three developmentally disabled adult brothers who are in danger of losing the only home they have ever known. They are very sweet gentlemen who are beloved in their historic Denver neighborhood. I have attempted to set up a fund raising site on Start Some Good.com but the hoops they want me to jump through are delaying our efforts. The roof and foundation of the home are sound, but the brothers are in need of basic renovations. As I searched for Cousins Undercover to perhaps enter these men for an audition, I notice they are no longer being listed. Are there any other programs that would be interested in helping this family, and the neighborhood they are such a strong part of. Rebuilding Together is not able to help them in a meaningful way because of funding restrictions. These men cannot live elsewhere. There mother had worked hard her entire life to ensure they would always have a home together. They have such a compelling story and are in such great need. I have posted a video on YouTube to link to the other fund raising site, but it is too long. Would you please take a minute (or 7) to check out their story at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HrGMYUnTCw

Thank you so much for any help you can lend us.
Rona Hanson

Posts: 1 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Dec 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Rona. I see you are a new poster on the forum. Welcome.

You have made your request to AbbyG, but she has not been around for some time. I will try to help you. I will give you a link to the Cousins Undercover on Facebook. You can read about them without joining Facebook.

http:www.facebook.com/CousinsTV?directed_target_id=0

There is an email address for anyone wanting to tell them a story about a deserving hero. Sending in a story gives you a chance to be featured on Season 2 of their show.

cousinstvcasting@gmail.com

I hope this info helps you.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post