Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Feedback Center
Hop To Forums   Talk to HGTV Community Gal Abby
  July Fourth "decoration idea" that uses the U.S. Flag as a tablecloth!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

July Fourth "decoration idea" that uses the U.S. Flag as a tablecloth! Sign In/Join 
Picture of crabber1967
posted
Your "Decoration Ideas" for July uses a US FLAG as a TABLECLOTH. It is not only in violation of the US Flag code, but is very disrespectful to those who have fought and died under the US FLAG. Shame! Shame! HGTV!! I am posting here to protest this despicable use of our Flag as a TABLECLOTH!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn't agree more! I was shocked to see an actual flag being used as a table cloth and food catcher. So sad. Frown

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE retract this idea. I'm married to a Veteran and this is so Disrespectful!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was saddened--shocked, actually, to see my flag being used as a tablecloth. I am currently living in a developing country, and cannot begin to say how much I appreciate my country and everything that flag stands for. There are codes for displaying the American flag. This is not cool.

Robin G

posted Hide Post
The US flag is not a "decoration idea" for a party. The ditzy "designer" who came up with this idea ought to be slapped. As a veteran I find this incredibly tasteless and insulting. The flag is not to be displayed as a tablecloth. Have some respect!

posted Hide Post
GOOD GRIEF....I hope this was decorated without thinking....TSK TSK...you need to apologize to us Americans who don't view out flag as décor. It is a symbol of courage, sacrifice and pride.

posted Hide Post
As the father of a US Sailor I am very upset that you would thinks that it is a good idea to use the American Flag as a tablecloth. What next a door mat? You owe everyone who is currently or has served in the service of this country an apology.

posted Hide Post
It's hard to believe HGTV has stooped so low!

I recommend you visit a national cemetery or the D Day beaches in France & see the row upon row of white crosses. It might refresh your memory about what our flag is & what it stands for!

Posts: 610 | Registered: Sep 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post