Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DREAM HOME LOCATION 2014 Sign In/Join 
posted
If they havent found the new Dream home location may i suggest Piegon Forge,the home of Dollywood amusment park and other attraction,+ the Wilderness in the smokies thier is lots to do year round from waterparks and lakes in the summer, camping hiking bike riding skiing in the winter big citys Atlanta 3hours away UT hour drive Bristol speedway 2hour drive and the most important reason THE MOUNTAINS

Posts: 4 | Location: tennessee | Registered: Dec 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to see either a lake home property in Wisconsin, or a horse property in Kentucky or Tennessee. I also enjoy seeing natural elements used as well as energy efficient building methods. Can't wait until the location is announced!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mythreesons
posted Hide Post
Always exciting to see where the next Dream Home is going to be. Proud we've had one in Colorado (Winterpark) plus a Green Home also in Denver.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Mar 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think HGTV should come further west and look at Lake Havasu. It's a great recreational area that has activities year round for visitors and incredible desert views overlooking the lake.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
Oldsmar Florida - Upper Tampa Bay.

Posts: 9192 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think a rustic home on a lake in the north-western part of michigan like traverse city, suttons bay or petoskey would be awesome for the 2014 location! There is a lot of little towns in that area with beautiful views and there is so many outdoor family activities that are available (canoeing,beaches,restraunts, cafes, shopping, hiking, fishing) Also instead of a car a watercraft like a Jetski would be cool! Just an Idea. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Erin1993,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vote for Portland, Oregon, for Dream Home 2014. Thriving day and night life, a short drive to the Oregon Coast, Seattle, world class fishing, hiking, and a "green" city to live in.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Annah, Your choice would put a huge smile on my mother's face! She so desperately wants to get back to the west coast!

Posts: 5074 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about Columbia,Missouri - we were just ranked as the hardest working community in the nation.

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Little rock, arkansas

Posts: 351 | Registered: Oct 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Erin1993. I'm a Michigander and I really love vacationing in the Traverse City, Petoskey, and/or Sleeping Bear Dunes areas. I think a dream home built in one of these locations would be fabulous and could be used as a permanent or vacation home year around! Michigan has so much to offer, with Lake Michigan during summer months for entertainment as well as many other summer festivities, we also can offer winter sports during the cold seasons and lets not forget breath taking tours of the gorgeous fall foliage! You cant get views of fall foliage like ours in southern/eastern or western states! Michigan has so much fun to offer, year around! Something different to experience each time! Pure Michigan.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The new dream home location should be near the picturesque town of Eureka Springs, Arkansas, nicknamed, Little Switzerland of the Ozarks. The Ozark mountains of Northwest Arkansas are stunning.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to see the next Dream Home in Newport, RI which was voted as one of the top five "Happiest Seaside Towns - 2013" by Coastal Living. Newport is best known for yachting, mansions and its rich history of American aristocracy but there is so much more to the beautiful harbor town than the summer playground to the wealthy. Newport has a a boisterous night life, amazing restaurants, beautiful beaches and surf culture. It is steeped in history and many of its buildings date back to Revolutionary times. There are a great number of events going on all year including the famous Newport Folk Festival, Jazz Festival and all the Wharf festivals throughout the year. There are activities for everyone; golfing, hiking, fishing, boating/sailing, shopping, etc.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post