Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crashers Sign In/Join 
posted
I love, love HGTV and have watched for years, but one thing has always bothered me....why do the crashers, the property brothers and other remodelers have to destroy everything before they begin the remodel? I understand a few understand a few sledge hammers and jack hammers as part of the TV hype, but could you maybe destroy one cabinet for tv and remove all other perfectly good building materials in a not-so-destructive way. Our local Habitat for Humanity has a second-hand building supply store that supplements their income for rebuilding homes. I am sure all other communities has something similar. I purchased 12' of upper and lower painted cabinets, plus 12' of formica countop for a littler over $700 for my garage. Couldn't be happier with the purchase and helped out a worthwhile organization. Just a suggestion. Recyling really does save in all ways.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jvelo
posted Hide Post
I've thought of that many times. We are not alone, I'm sure.
It may seem like "fun" to destroy things, but often the cabinets, sinks and such can be reused...such as at a Habitat for Humanity store.

Posts: 3243 | Location: Putnam County, NY z5 | Registered: Jun 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post