Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Feedback Center
Hop To Forums   Talk to HGTV Community Gal Abby
  PROGRAMING!! LOVE IT OR LIST IT ESPECIALLY!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PROGRAMING!! LOVE IT OR LIST IT ESPECIALLY!!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of slv53
posted
Why does it look like I am screaming on my topic....because that is how I feel with HGTV. NOw I am a very nice and polite person but for months HGTV programming has tried my patience. First of all with all the intelligent people running this net work, I question why they are not "listening" to it's viewers. I have read that people are tired of seeing one program all day long. Not only do you play the same program all day but we get to see another program all day the next day, the day after, and so on. WAIT, no we don't have to, we can stop watching and tune into another channel. Sadly that is what I have been doing. I LOVE HGTV! But you all have been letting me down by your constantly repeated programming. I loved your network when you had different shows, a lot on interior decorating, on all day. There was a variety and it was truly great. Now there is shows about buying property or, worse, slows like, "Love It or List it." This show is so horribly predictable, it is like a very bad sitcom. Yes, sitcom, for it is laughable. Predictable, yes! Every show is the same. A couple tries to change/buy a home. David takes people to look at new homes and is a lot of times sarcastic to the couple. Hilary tries to redo their current home and she finds one pitfall after another, shows her fake frustration and so on and so. On for the whole show. SEROUSLY! Every show is the same fake scenario. I cannot take it seriously. HGTV takes off all the great design shows for programs like that??? Please, bring back shows that design. Bring back shows with people like Sabrina Soto, Vernon, Genevieve, Candice, and other designers with personality. Change your programming, please. Listen to your viewers or, like me, they may no longer remain viewers anymore.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slv53
posted Hide Post
By the way, I know I sound sarcastic on my post and I was, but more so I am saddened that my once favorite network is no longer anything close to what it once was. I just hope the bigwigs for HGTV will listen to the viewers or former viewers that care about the change enough to, at least, write in hopes that we are being heard. I would love to say once again that HGTV is my fav network.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slv53:
Why does it look like I am screaming on my topic....because that is how I feel with HGTV. NOw I am a very nice and polite person but for months HGTV programming has tried my patience. First of all with all the intelligent people running this net work, I question why they are not "listening" to it's viewers. I have read that people are tired of seeing one program all day long. Not only do you play the same program all day but we get to see another program all day the next day, the day after, and so on. WAIT, no we don't have to, we can stop watching and tune into another channel. Sadly that is what I have been doing. I LOVE HGTV! But you all have been letting me down by your constantly repeated programming. I loved your network when you had different shows, a lot on interior decorating, on all day. There was a variety and it was truly great. Now there is shows about buying property or, worse, slows like, "Love It or List it." This show is so horribly predictable, it is like a very bad sitcom. Yes, sitcom, for it is laughable. Predictable, yes! Every show is the same. A couple tries to change/buy a home. David takes people to look at new homes and is a lot of times sarcastic to the couple. Hilary tries to redo their current home and she finds one pitfall after another, shows her fake frustration and so on and so. On for the whole show. SEROUSLY! Every show is the same fake scenario. I cannot take it seriously. HGTV takes off all the great design shows for programs like that??? Please, bring back shows that design. Bring back shows with people like Sabrina Soto, Vernon, Genevieve, Candice, and other designers with personality. Change your programming, please. Listen to your viewers or, like me, they may no longer remain viewers anymore.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel the same way, I know on Monday nights you show Love it or list it all evening. Now Fri. and I look at the guide and it is on again all Friday night!We are all so sick of the same show and same storyline every TIME! I guess you all do not even care about your veiwers. And now you are running the Property brothers in to the ground. How many shows do they have on now? 10? At least they are easier to look at then Hilary and David are.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post