Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Design Shows Sign In/Join 
Picture of Stish
posted
Same question as most: Why are there no more design shows? Soo tired of House Hunters and all of its spin-offs. I'm starting to think that the real estate corporations own this channel. You have HGTV Design Star . . and then no program after they win! Bring back The Antonio Treatment, Candice Olsen, Free Style, Design on A Dime. What happened to Saturday shows? How about a show about re-purposing or The High/Low Project. Am ready to cancel this channel.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elizabeth246
posted Hide Post
I totally agree with you. Years ago, HGTV was on my TV almost all day. It was my go-to channel and I enjoyed so much of the programming. I looked forward to Gardening by the Yard every week. It gave information that I still use today. And, it gave affordable ideas....not $60,000 landscaping renovations. I also miss the decorating and DIY shows, and also liked Design on a Dime. HGTV has become the real estate channel. I absolutely hate House Hunters, and the other similar shows. They are sooo staged, and the people are whiny and irritating. I can't tell you the last time I even checked out HGTV, and I miss it very much.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to see a show about porches.building a porch to a house and give it charter and style.name the show porches.

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: May 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post