Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I miss old shows Sign In/Join 
posted
HGTV is our "go to" channel in my house. My wife and I have watched for years and have seen a lot of program changes. Lately, we started talking about the old shows that we use to look forward to watching. We use to tune in at night and see several design shows and several real estate shows that were more informational than dramatic. House Hunters has stood the test of time, but has started to showcase more and more feisty real estate agents that complain about their clients. The international ones are not as exciting either. The show I miss the most is What You Get For The Money. My life loved all of the design shows, which have almost all gone away. What is left are shows about remodeling older homes (Property Bros, Love it or list it, and a handful of rehab shows). I thought HGTV was owned by the same folks as DIYnetwork, why don't those shows air over there? I know that the market is different than 7 years ago, but I miss the different shows....

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss them, too. HGTV used to have such fantastic programming, so informative yet entertaining across so many varied topics. I really do miss the old shows, too.

Posts: 6052 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HGTV also used to be my "go to" channel. Now, every time I wistfully go back to it, I see House Hunters. I'm tired of watching other people look for houses. There are other real estate related shows occasionally on HGTV in addition to House Hunters. HGTV should be renamed the real estate channel. Why are they even having the design star contest (which I love)? I can't even find decorating shows any more. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Is it a money issue? I don't imagine House Hunters costs much to produce.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post