Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motor Home Remodeling Sign In/Join 
posted
Just wondering if you guys have ever thought about doing a new house hunters type show that would focus on Motor Homes. As more and more baby boomers are retiring, they are finding an attractive way to spend retirement is to purchase a motor home and travel the country. It would be interesting to see a show that focuses on people looking at different motor homes and more importantly, buying older motor homes and remodeling them. Buying a brand new motor home can be very expensive, and motor homes never retain their resale value, so it would be much cheaper for people on a fixed income to be able to purchase an older model, but then rennovate it....kind of like Property Brothers on wheels. So what do you think?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. It's something they aren't addressing and should.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think a show on remodeling a motor home is great. I would watch that show!!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
They have done RV shows in the past. I've never seen them do a remodeling show for one on HGTV or DIY. Travel Channel (part of the Scripps TV network) has a show redoing RV's but it is more like **** my RV than an informative show for a DIYer.

http://www.hgtv.com/rv/show/index.html

http://www.hgtv.com/search/res...ecreational+Vehicles

They usually do a RV show around one of the big RV Trade Shows once a year.

Posts: 6942 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post