Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Feedback Center
Hop To Forums   Talk to HGTV Community Gal Abby
  Become a fan of HGTV on Facebook & Twitter!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Become a fan of HGTV on Facebook & Twitter! Sign In/Join 
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted
If you haven't already, become a fan of HGTV on Facebook and Twitter.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jun 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a fan on facebook, have not mastered the twitter yet. Do you let people volunteer behind the scenes to see how things are done.
I love curb appeal, and would love to work with them. Are you coming to the Las Vegas, NV area soon? I am trying to get a grant with pepsi refrsh to curb appeal the old downtown section of Henderson, NV. Will need volunteers and I want to do the best for the home owners their.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
HGTV Community Gal
Picture of Abby G
posted Hide Post
We would encourage you to take a look at the Be On HGTV page on HGTV.com to review the opportunities available on our various programs.

Abby G
HGTV Community Gal

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jun 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I can appreciate HGTV wanting me to be a fan, or Liking HGTV on Facebook, I'm afraid I can't do that until you give me something to like.

And by that, I mean NO MORE HOUSE HUNTERS!!

Bring back shows like Decorating Cents, Sensible Chic, and designers like Sarah Richardson and Karen McAloon.

Read my lips: NO MORE HOURS HUNTERS!! NO MORE PROPERTY VIRGINS!! NO MORE MY FIRST PLACE!!!

Posts: 64 | Registered: Feb 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Abby G:
If you haven't already, become a fan of HGTV on Facebook and Twitter.
I loved "Sinsibly Chic" {mispelled}
Will they bring it back??

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I'm sorry if I am posting this message incorrectly. I need to post a question, I am new here and I'm not sure if this is the place.
Okay, so what is my question? I am the fonder of a new nonprofit recreational youth center. My problem is the decorating of the center. I desperately need ideas. I want the youth center to look fun and inviting. I recently saw a picture from the Naval Station Mayport, FL- and I wish I knew what material they used to create the columns in the middle of the room and how they painted the floors. Can anyone provide us with any information on how we can decorate our recreational youth center? Any advise, tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: May 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's nice that HGTV is on Facebook but no one is moderating it. 100s of fans are posting questions that no one is answering. Not only that, people are posting spam that has nothing to do with HGTV. If you are going to do something, do it right. To ignore the people that are responsible for the success of your station is disrespectful.

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Nov 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see postings from Abby but she never answers anything. Why does HGTV no longer have Christmas specials on the day after Thanksgiving? Why does the website no longer list what TV specials are upcoming (if you'll notice, all the specials are old)? I'm beginning to think that HGTV has been taken over by Scrooge and the Grinch.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Dec 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jockobec:
I see postings from Abby but she never answers anything. Why does HGTV no longer have Christmas specials on the day after Thanksgiving? Why does the website no longer list what TV specials are upcoming (if you'll notice, all the specials are old)? I'm beginning to think that HGTV has been taken over by Scrooge and the Grinch.

It has been posted elsewhere that Abby is long gone from HGTV. These boards are largely not moderated now. If the filter doesn't catch it for having a banned word it will stay up forever. From the looks of it they killed the boards on Foodnetwork. DIY still has boards.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6961 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ntuitive1
posted Hide Post
Sparky, FWIW Food Network never had message boards. I know because if they did I would have been a member long ago. Discovery/TLC got rid of their message boards sometime in 2012. I don't like Facebook for chat about TV programs and stations. You can't appreciate or respond to what anyone has to say for more than 2 minutes before it's gone into the ether. Twitter is even worse for that purpose. But HGTV encourages membership there because they don't care about the fans anymore.

Posts: 2147 | Registered: Aug 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charming
posted Hide Post
Actually, Food Network did have a message board but there were so many attack posts they killed it.

Fun and Info

Posts: 3568 | Location: Coastal SC | Registered: Jan 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being a fan of HGTV on Facebook and Twitter is fine for the people who enjoy it. But PLEASE keep it off the program. I do not want to see tweets scrolling across the screen while watching a show. It's annoying.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even though I'm a fan of HGTV since a couple of years, I didn't become a fan of this on Facebook and twitter till now as I kept myself busy on best essay services reviews com so that I can stay away from the addiction of social networking but after seeing your post, I logged in to my accounts again just to become a fan of your pages. Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post