Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Feedback Center
Hop To Forums   Talk to HGTV Community Gal Abby
  why are there no more design shows?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

why are there no more design shows? Sign In/Join 
posted
so tired of love it or list and house hunters!! its just the same shows everyday all day!Theres no variety anymore no design shows. Not everyone is intrested in buying a home...some people are staying in thier homes and want ideas on how to improve and create new looks. color splash and devine design were awesome shows!Love property brothers bc they are so sexy and they know their stuff!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK A VARIETY OF DESIGN SHOWS AND AFFORDABLE WAYS TO DO IT!!!! or change HGTV name to "how to buy a home" bc thats all you show!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree! Miss the inspiration!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I love HGTV but rarely watch it anymore. How many property shows, house hunter, first home, first sale etc shows can a person watch. There is no mix at all anymore. I miss the design element.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I completely agree. I used to either DVR or make time to enjoy the interesting variety of design and real estate shows. But now that the majority of shows are real estate, I rarely watch anymore and I miss it! Also miss the Design Stars competition. Hope the HGTV programmers read this board and will bring back the wonderful shows with great design ideas.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

quote:

I just 'registered' online on this site simply to reconfirm what has been written above. I rarely watch anymore because the design/before-and-after shows/the creative stuff is so minimal. So disappointing. I am so over 'binge watching' bratty couples whine about real estate choices, etc. Bring back the creative people please!!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too. Dear HGTV, I miss you. I don't want to buy a new house and don't care about anyone else's search for one. Love it or List it is only half a design show, and one of the spouse's is forever working against the designer and often exhibits such belligerent rudeness that I won't let my kids watch. Please bring back design shows! I was such a fan of Designing for the Sexes, Divine Design, Designer's Challenge... I like things that show how to use space, color, shape, and light. You used to specialize in these things and it made the world a more beautiful, interesting place. Please offer an alternative to watching the endless suffering of real estate agents.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, bring back the old shows and a variety, the hours on end of the same show, no variety. I use to be such a big fan and watched all the time. I have an entire house based on some of the shows I watched. No longer, I change the station as soon as I see the same old same old. My guess new program director..I also use to get the magazine also. No longer. PLEASE listen to the viewers!

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with all the others. I would like to see design shows like before with Sarah Richardson, Candice Olsen, Vern Yip, etc. It seems all we are watching now is building shows and House Hunters. I used to watch all the time and now I think twice. Please bring the good shows back

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Jun 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of the above.

Posts: 6086 | Registered: Feb 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I completely agree! I have been a faithful fan for years and years, but I am tired of watching House Hunters, etc. Bring back Sarah Richardson, Genevieve Gorder and Candace Olsen! If not I'm afraid HGTV will lose this viewer...

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES YES YES, where are the design shows. it's the reason I fell in love with HGTV. I know there's lots of info on the website, but I REALLY miss they shows that inspired me to try new things in my house. The Crasher shows don't really do this for me. I miss Design on an Dime, Decorating Cents and similar type shows. Even a crafting show would be better than the constant barrage of real estate centered shows. I don't care who is buying a home in Nicaragua or Rome!

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Jul 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto what everyone else has said...bring back Design on a Dime ....even adjusted for inflation, and anything with Candace showing HOW to craft a design.

Why is the design with paint show still available in Canada, but not in the USA.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Nov 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I so much agree! Who is HGTV listening too? Not us because not everybody is buying a new place to live OMG

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jul 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with everyone else on here - HGTV is not the same any more. I would watch it all the time and now I seldom turn it on -I don't mind see Love It or List and House Hunters on occasion - but this is getting ridiculous seeing them over and over. We need the old style design shows - how to revamp our own home. And cancelling Design Star tops it off! It was great first two seasons then went down hill - It's like producers at HGTV do not care about their viewers any more... so sad

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas | Registered: Jul 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been saying this for months, and was not surprised to see the comments above. I really don't understand, and wish someone from HGTV would address these questions and comments here. It's very disappointing. I stood right along side them a few years ago and wrote my cable provider in support of bringing them back after the cable company dropped them due to a contract dispute. Now if that happened again I could care less. They did such an amazing job of providing accessible, interesting ideas and shows. What happened to all of the new design star winners that were supposed to end up with their own shows? We don't even see them anymore. Please HGTV - bring back the content we want to see!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so glad there are other people who have noticed the whole purpose of HGTV has changed. I miss Devine Design, Color Splash, Mike Holmes, Sarah, and the Color Wheel.

It is interesting seeing the way the houses in the other countries are decorated, but it's overkill. We need variety!! PLEASE.

Julie

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see that I am not the only one disappointed with HGTV. I saw a reply on a blog that real estate shows are very popular and profitable. Was HGTV not making enough money with design shows? What happened to all those stars? Antonio, Sarah, David, Candice, where are you?!?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post