Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   HGTV Feedback Center
Hop To Forums   Talk to HGTV Community Gal Abby
  why are there no more design shows?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

why are there no more design shows? Sign In/Join 
posted
so tired of love it or list and house hunters!! its just the same shows everyday all day!Theres no variety anymore no design shows. Not everyone is intrested in buying a home...some people are staying in thier homes and want ideas on how to improve and create new looks. color splash and devine design were awesome shows!Love property brothers bc they are so sexy and they know their stuff!PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK A VARIETY OF DESIGN SHOWS AND AFFORDABLE WAYS TO DO IT!!!! or change HGTV name to "how to buy a home" bc thats all you show!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree! Miss the inspiration!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I love HGTV but rarely watch it anymore. How many property shows, house hunter, first home, first sale etc shows can a person watch. There is no mix at all anymore. I miss the design element.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I completely agree. I used to either DVR or make time to enjoy the interesting variety of design and real estate shows. But now that the majority of shows are real estate, I rarely watch anymore and I miss it! Also miss the Design Stars competition. Hope the HGTV programmers read this board and will bring back the wonderful shows with great design ideas.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

quote:

I just 'registered' online on this site simply to reconfirm what has been written above. I rarely watch anymore because the design/before-and-after shows/the creative stuff is so minimal. So disappointing. I am so over 'binge watching' bratty couples whine about real estate choices, etc. Bring back the creative people please!!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post