Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Programming Sign In/Join 
posted
HGTV programming stinks. I used to watch HGTV all the time. Do people really watch Love It or List it? Who can stomach that fake acting and horrible personality of the hosts? I love House Hunters, but my god can you find something besides buying real estate. I like design shows.

Posts: 29 | Location: NC | Registered: Jun 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am totally sick of HH and HHI. Seems everytime I sit down to watch HGTV . . It is the only show on! I have seen each episode at least 4 times.

As for Love It or List It . . I must be in the small percentage that likes the show. Granted, I almost always know what David or Hillary is going to say to each other, but the renos are great! Poor Hillary always has expensive surprises that cut into her budget . . but I like the show

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by designerdc:
HGTV programming stinks. I used to watch HGTV all the time. Do people really watch Love It or List it? Who can stomach that fake acting and horrible personality of the hosts? I love House Hunters, but my god can you find something besides buying real estate. I like design shows.

PLEASE...HGTV...bring back the shows that made HGTV so popular in the beginning. All of the House Hunter shows, Love It Or List It and other Real Estate programming is old and boring. Can we get some design shows during prime time again????

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jan 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ALSO WOUULD LIKE TO SEE MORE DESIGN SHOWS AND ROOM RE-DO'S

I USE TO LOVE TURNING THE SHOW ON AND LEARNING
ABOUT COLOR PALATES, DESIGN, AND DECORATING IDEAS.

I AM A REAL ESTATE BROKER AND I DON'T ENJOY ALL THE SHOWS DEDICATED TO REAL ESTATE. Frown

I USE TO LIKE THE SHOW "ROOM BY ROOM",
PLEASE GIVE THE PUBLIC A BALANCE.

THANK YOU.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RafiCat
posted Hide Post
I enjoy Love it or list it!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love "Love It or List It". I do wish they would switch the formula a bit. It is much better than the Vancouver version. David and Hillary have character and work well together. In the Vancouver version the actors have no character. They look like attractive, waspish, cookie cutter, upper middle class Canadian people. Like maybe they (or maybe "Daddy" or "Mommy") know someone high up at HGTV.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stish
posted Hide Post
I'm with you!! Although I enjoy Love It or List It, you can almost guess what is going to happen. Need better programming!!!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone from HGTV even read these posts? I never see any replies...I'm with everyone else. I'm tired of the same old programming. What's the point of even having the Design contest shows if you never get to see the hosts that won? There was a time when I paid extra just to make sure HGTV was included in my cable pkg. Now, I just breeze by the channel.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kudos to HGTV for canceling a pending show with anti-gay activists. I am so glad you took a stand. There is too much bigotry in this world!

Posts: 119 | Registered: Jul 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This country has freedom of speech. To be anti-Christian is just as discriminating as to be anti-gay. It is appalling that such a small percentage of people are able to stop what could have been a good show (helping people)because they don't agree with the religious views of the people on the show. We believe in freedom of religion in this country, too. HGTV has lost me as a viewer. It is such a shame that decent, God-fearing people are being put down so much nowadays.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to echo storyteller1's comments and add myself to the list of one less viewer. It is sad. I've watched HGTV for many years and they've had a variety of people on their shows - gay, straight etc. I have not complained when someone hosts a show that obviously doesn't reflect my Christian values, I instead watched and enjoyed what they had to offer and bring to the discussion. Their life is theirs. But to see such a wide spread hatred and discrimination sweeping this country is incredibly disheartening. There is no longer the ability to disagree without being disagreeable. I have gay friends - and we're still friends. We disagree with each other on some points but we love each other none the less. Our country is no longer a free country when the 'thought police' scream vehemently anytime their point of view is disagreed with. I've never seen a more hate filled group than the active GLBT in the press. Just as many of the outspoken Christian speakers do not speak for me, I hope and believe that the loud mouths in the press do not speak for the community at large.
The world erupted over the Clippers owner's comments and yet said nothing when Joel Mchale attacked a person for their personal appearance mocking his weight. Because the attack was coming from the "in" party, it was all okay and good fun. I personally was disgusted. Hate is hate and reverse discrimination is discrimination. This is never what people like Martin Luther King envisioned when they worked so hard to eliminate the hatred in this country.

posted Hide Post
I was also very disappointed in hearing HGTV was scrapping the twin brothers show. I had expected more from the head of HGTV. You seem to have no problem promoting those who have a minority viewpoint which is extremely obvious, but want to scrap a show whose personal lives do not even display themselves or are spoken of.

Shame on you! I too have made sure that whichever cable service I had included HGTV; but now that you are showing your true side, I will cancel my subscription as your attitudes and executive decisions are extremely offensive.

Posts: 1 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also express my disappointment with HGTV over their decision to not proceed with the Benham Brothers show based solely on the fact that one of them exercised his constitutional rights to express his Christian beliefs. This is a free county is which ALL are supposed to be free to express their beliefs. Your actions can only be viewed as discriminatory.

HGTV has been one of my favorite channels for a long time. It has been my default channel when looking for something clean and entertaining to watch. But in protest, I will be blocking this channel on my satellite receiver. I'll miss you, but enough is enough.

posted Hide Post
Apparently everyone is entitled to their own opinions and freedom of speech as long as it's not Christian! I'm very disappointed with HGTV over their decision to not proceed with the Benham Brothers show based solely on the fact that one of them exercised his constitutional rights to express his Christian beliefs. This is a free county is which ALL are supposed to be free to express their beliefs. Your actions can only be viewed as discriminatory.

HGTV has been one of our favorite channels for a long time. It has been our default channel when looking for something clean and entertaining to watch. But in protest, I will be blocking this channel on my cable receiver. Enough is enough. My family will NO LONGER watch HGTV as long as your discriminatory practices continue!

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karin123:
Kudos to HGTV for canceling a pending show with anti-gay activists. I am so glad you took a stand. There is too much bigotry in this world!
But bigotry against Christian beliefs is o.k.?? Hmmm... double standard!

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been a longtime viewer of HGTV- since the beginning. I have watched the core design shows disappear to be replaced by mostly real estate shows. I have tolerated the increase of gay couples being obviously promoted. I don't agree with those who choose that lifestyle, but that is their choice and I know the true meaning of tolerance - agreeing to disagree. What is finally making me change the channel is your lack of tolerance for the Christian beliefs. Where is your tolerance? Oh, I see, you only want tolerance if it agrees with your agenda. You lost another viewer.

posted Hide Post
Bad, bad decision to drop the Benham Brothers show. That's beyond ridiculous. I was looking forward to seeing that, but now will consider my decision when tuning in to HGTV at all. Kudos to the Benham Brothers! Someone else will pick them up, and I'll be watching.

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well said, Props and Storyteller. When one small segment of society demands this kind of discrimination by threatening the network/sponsors with loss of revenue, it seems that common fiscal sense would weigh heavily in any decision making.
Which segment of viewership should the smart management want to keep happy?
Who needs the "in" crowd if this is what they 'preach'?

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like "Love It or List It" but it has become so predictable. Can you change it up so there isn't a homeowner who is disgusted when Hilary fixes a dangerous defect in the home or perhaps can David find them a home that really fits their needs within the budget. I really don't like it when the homeowner gets so nasty to Hilary. The scripting needs some work.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't it interesting how all the people posting their right wing christian beliefs in defencr of the B.B.'s are posters who just registered? Can't help thinking these people are not fans of HGTV but just trouble makers trying to stir the pot.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
Charles d, Once again YOU are wrong. You were wrong to bully these two Benham brothers. You are wrong in you assessment of who is defending them even if only by posting to this site. You have taken a view that it is okay to pound these two because they have Christian views. No, it is not okay, no, it is not fair. If any poster here spoke out against all of the gays on HGTV you would scream your head off. I am a regular viewer and Christians are supposed to have rights too. To think that the bank tried to cut off their loans for their remodeling business is as disgusting as you and your pals are!

html

Posts: 2486 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Charles D:
The nine posts above mine clearly show the posters as registering in the last month, which just happens to coincide with all the Benham Bros. hoopla. So while you may not like that I pointed that out, I am not wrong. But I forgive you, it is very common for people to confuse a churches political doctrine with the actual teachings of its prophet.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
Forgive yourself for thinking you are above the very fray that you have helped to advance. Do you deny that the banks were told to shut down the loans of the Benham Brothers business? Do you REALLY believe that the actions by you and your buddies have no part in the destruction of these two brothers lives? Hatred spawns hatred. If the gay or homosexual society truly wants to have freedoms, then stop this persecution against the religious to have their rights of their OWN beliefs!

html

Posts: 2486 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know of any 'gay" banks, so if the B.B.'s funds were cut off it was because they were seen as a bad investment risk. Banks usually look the other way with regards to public opinion polls if they think they can turn a profit. Claims that a minority group can sway the banking system sounds a little like the anti-s#m#tic rants in Germany during the early 30's. There is no conspiracy here, just the lunatic far right fringe stirring up the pot to further advance their narrow minded agenda.

Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
That sounds good to you and to try to act as if you are not part of the tar and feather crowd just doesn't cut the smell test. Yes, the bank tried to shut down the loan that was used to complete the job on a remodel of a home for their supposed up coming show. You do not have any of your facts straight, just the hate part!

html

posted Hide Post
Redneck.

Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
Now we see your true colors! BULLY!

html

posted Hide Post
Sick and tired of all the real estate shows!! Where are all the design shows? And I don't mean the repeats of Sarah and Candace now and again. HGTV has fallen from what it used to be. Change or I will change the channel.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post