Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Love it or List it Sign In/Join 
posted
I just joined the message boards on HGTV's website for the sole purpose of talking about Love It or List It. I noticed that everyone else who has commented on this show seems to feel pretty much the same as I do about it. I've watched several episodes now and if HGTV is listening to the people who watch this show then it probably won't be back. Part of me thinks this is unfortunate. I don't think it's a bad idea, but for some reason they think we want to see people being rude, obnoxious, and unyielding. Maybe the producers think that a simple remodel or buy process won't be interesting enough without a fighting, difficult, whiny couple treating the professionals like crap. Who talks to their realtor or contractor like that? As usual they underestimate their audience, because I don't think I'm alone when I say that the show would be a lot better if they allowed the couples on the show to behave with a little dignity. I thought they just made a really bad choice in people when I watched the first show, but when I saw that virtually every couple on the show acted the same way I have to believe that they were coached to be awful. Note to producers: you could save this show if you would just encourage the couples to behave like adults and make the remodel/home search the point of the show. At this point, you're losing viewers.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
kjb, Welcome to the Message Board!

You feel the same way a lot of others do about this show. I have posted information on how to contact HGTV. Just click on "Contact Us" which is on the right hand side at the bottom of this page. This takes you to the email form and above that is a box.."Live Help: Chat Now." This connects you to a real live person and you can tell them your concerns and ask questions. This is available Monday-Friday until 5pm ET.

I found out about this "chat" last Friday and I contacted them. I talked with a nice young lady who answered some questions I had.

Marylee

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1496 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of renni1010
posted Hide Post
I love this show, it's not my fave but I choose to watch!

Love it or don't watch it! Lol!!

Posts: 11 | Registered: Feb 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with the thought that the negativity of the show is a turnoff. I love the idea, but I get turned off by the intransigence, the rudeness and the overall negativity projected by the couples. Perhaps its simply theater, but after watching a couple of shows, I now deliberately watch something else and then try to come in at the last 10 minutes so I don't have to listen to the awful comments. I just don't watch TV - and especially HGTV - to be put in a bad mood.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness I had to change the show today! the couple was annoying me so much! How can people be so rude and annoying! I hope it was only for the show. BTW it was the episode called A long time coming.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hoanoa100,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NY, at first the concept appealed to me, but after seeing a couple of episodes, I started questioning the wisdom of pouring $40,000 or so into a house you are thinking of selling. I can't see making more than cosmetic changes or necessary repairs on a house unless I'm planning to stay for a long time. And then the unbelieveable behavior of the HO's and the apparent incompetence of the hosts ruins everything anyway.

Posts: 3511 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am watching this show, which has a pretty good concept, and it's episode "Function and Flow." I am cringing over how rude the woman is. I haven't felt this uncomfortable at watching a show in a long time. She is just awful. I was born Canadian, and "Love It or List It" is giving Canadians a bad name. I totally agree that the homeowners are being coached to be this obnoxious. And it is ruining what could be a good show.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
List it will win out. The couples are always over budget on buying and firm on the fix-it budget. With all the repairs Hillary has to make,the couples act as though it is her fault she can't meet all their needs.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's scripted, RN and the outcome's known in advance. Overall, based on the total episodes to date, it's approximately 50/50 between the love it or list it "decision".

Posts: 593 | Registered: Feb 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally LOVE this show. It is my new favorite. I think the people are impossible but the quality of the host and their abilities outshine the homeowner rudeness. I think it show the true nature of what a lot of professionals are up against in our society.

Posts: 2 | Location: TN by way of FL in my heart | Registered: Mar 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never said this about a HGTV show but I HATE this show! It's so obvious that one spouse is told to want to stay and the other to leave. They are always being very rude to the hosts as well. Speaking of, the hosts really have no charm themselves.
No one decides to sell their house in a two minute conversation, and they wouldn't be able to buy the beautiful house they were just shown because they haven't even put there's up for sale yet. Its just a dumb show.
Please take it away!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the concept of the show but real estate agant is OBNOXIOUS. I have tried watching several episodes but David is so irritating that I've stopped watching it.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Abby/ HGTV, I have attempted to watch "Love it or List it" several times. I find the premise that a professional interior designer would begin a project without quotes and/or contracts with their G.C. to be incredibly insulting to the non professional viewers but especially to the design community. Hillary is a hack, sorry but that's the truth. If the show needs drama, please figure out a way to add some spice without making interior designers look like fools. Thank You.

Posts: 1800 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all, new to the board and was reading about this show and this is just MY opinion on it.

Well I have watched this show for a while and am finding most of Hilary's tasks are NOT delivered.
I have yet seen her complete one task that was given her. She does not allow for any unforeseen problems that may (and always do) arise, then she has to "cut out" something that the family wanted or needed in the house. She always has to use the money for the unknowns and leave things undone or not even touched which I think is ridiculous and would not let the woman near my home at all.
Dave also is to high and mighty for me. To pushy on people to try and sell them a home just so he can make it good off the commission he will get for selling them the house. This show is to much for me and I do not watch it for it is way to fake for my taste.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched 2 eposides back to back and that won't happen again. The concept of the show is great but its so lopsided. Helen is always winning and she barely ever addresses the wish lists of the owners. She just address the first floor and rarely deals with the second floor. On the other hand the counterpart does meet the wish list and the owners never side with him even if he hits the mark which is most of the time. The show is just annoying.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wyndstorm,

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the lady who is suppose to be a professional, needs to find her true calling. I have not seen one show where she has not been able to get the correctly amount that it takes to do the remodel. On every show the home owner has had to delete some part of the remodel.
she has never been able to deliver what she has promised.

She needs to help Holmes so she can learn how to estimate a job.

Posts: 1 | Location: TN | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i really like Love it or Leave it, but my husband and I have built 5 homes and just once, I would like to see Hilliary get a realistic budget with a buffer amount for things that go wrong along with the owners impossible expectations. Lets face it, you can't remodel a whole basement to include bedroom, bath, and rec room plus an entire upstairs on $ 25,000.00 in an old home. I get disgusted with the rudeness of the owners and tired of them taking $10,000 away from Hilliary and giving it to David, with his pompous attitude, when all he really has to do is talk them into another neighborhood. Realistic budgets would do worlds for this show as the way it is, the owners are just putting a band aid n their home to sell it.

Posts: 3 | Location: USA | Registered: May 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops, typo error. Meant List or Leave it. Sorry

Posts: 3 | Location: USA | Registered: May 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mycomputer keeps changing the words. Should be
not, not or

not

posted Hide Post
The concept of this show is such a great idea to which a lot of people can relate, but every episode is repetitive. 1. Hillary cannot do everything she promises because of some "unforeseen" crisis. 2. The homeowners dislike the 1st 2 houses David shows them, then love the 3rd. 3. The homeowners have a fit about the budget problems with Hillary, then they love the re-do. Come on, Producers! Shake it up!! Cannot Hillary do an inspection of the house beforehand and budget accordingly?

?

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: May 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got done watching this show and it's pretty bad. The episode I saw had a couple that was expecting a kid and Hilary kept arguing with them over the flooring. And at one point she insulted them as new parents, which...I don't even know how that was at all called for, it was something about the bathroom and installing a bathtub or some such. All in all, she's unbearably rude. There was a part where the wife had to take her sun room or whatever off the wishlist and that resulted in this ridiculous argument between Hilary and the couple. The wife kept pulling this weird expression like she had swallowed something exceptionally sour, and the husband acted (haha) like a complete spoiled brat. All in all, everything just feels so overdramatic and badly exaggerated and gross. Oh, and the other host, David, is horrible too. He's incredibly pushy and obnoxious. To be honest, whether everything is scripted or not, I really hope this show comes off the air soon. The concept is interesting, but it's going in a totally wrong direction and I don't think there's any point in salvaging it.

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Jul 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! I am so relieved to find that I am not the only one frustrated by this show! I registered with HGTV just to voice my annoyance. The contrived confrontation and negativity is just ridiculous. The homeowners are not anywhere near good enough actors to pull this off.

I like the premise of the show but most of the time I can't even watch it because it is so utterly phoney.

I feel better now Wave

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: Jul 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with these comments completely! Unless it is scripted, there are a LOT of couples who are just so incredibly rude. I think Hillary is a talented designer but David is kind of weird. Why is it that no one seems grateful at the end of the show? The families just don't feel sincere to me. I had to stop watching it because the couples are just obnoxious!

Posts: 4 | Location: Illinois | Registered: Jul 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, the negativity in this show is such a turnoff. No other show on HGTV is like this. No other show is this negative and scripted. People who watch HGTV are not looking for shows of this nature. Please take it off the air, and consider your viewers when thinking of ideas/hosts for new shows. HGTV has such a positive and inspiring energy, and this totally gets away from that.

Posts: 2 | Location: NE | Registered: Jul 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also joined this message board just so I could comment on Love it or Leave it. I totally disagree with the posts that blame the home owners for rudeness, anger, frustration, etc. If a contractor promised me the sun and the moon and then repeatedly disappointed me by not fulfilling those promises, I would be angry also. This show is exactly the same as Property Bros. They approach the homeowners with grandious idea and very SPECIFIC promises but when the client actually expects those promises to be made into reality, the hosts use excuse after excuse as to why they can't achieve the goals THEY set! I understand unforseen events do occur in any remodel but EVERY show has something go wrong where the hosts are unable to fulfill their obligations. No wonder the homeowners are rude. Don't make promises you can't keep. If either of these shows had achieved the goals they promised their clients and the viewers, I would still be watching. As it stands, I'm cheering for the homeowners who have the guts to stand up to the hosts and say, "Hey, this isn't what you promised me you could do. Why are you telling me one thing and doing another?"

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just watched this show for the first time last night because I found the concept intriguing. If what has already been said about this show being scripted and that the producers instruct the owners/sellers to behave poorly, than it really must be true that everyone in front of the camera today really does just want their 15 minutes no matter what. I wanted to throw my remote at the ungrateful brats of this one episode (Picture Perfect House Problems, Chris and Stephanie). They picked apart every house (except the newly built one, surprise!) their realtor showed to them and then appeared ready to strangle the designer when water damage was discovered in their basement. They should have been thanking her. This would have been discovered anyway when they went to sell and would have reduced their sales price as I am sure they would have chosen not to fix it. How 'bout a show involving a 6 to 12 month follow up on the couples who decided to sell so we can all see their design choices for the houses they bought? I would bet without the help of an interior designer the new houses don't look nearly as good as the homes they sold. There are plenty of other shows on HGTV that include gracious, thankful, and helpful homeowners like the Holmes' shows and Yard Crashers. Love it or List it is not worth watching again.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a scripted show! Of course they know about the "unforeseen" problems beforehand but they have to pretend they don't for the drama. I wish that the renovation budgets were realistic for the things to be done and I wish the homeowner was allowed more say in the decisions (maybe they are & we don't see it...again for the drama) but it frustrates me so when Hilary makes a decision such as redoing the basement instead of the second bath without consulting them, I want to scream!!! I'd never give my money to someone & then just let them do whatever they want. Sooooo unrealistic. Great concept but needs improvements.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the concept of this show and i actually like the hosts as well. However, the couples that they pick are so rude!! It's so uncomfortable to watch because it actually upsets you! Thanks to DVR, we actually pause it and just forward to the hosts speaking; we skip the clients parts all together

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate this show more than I have ever hated a show before. The couples as well as the hosts of the show are all obnoxious. In fact, they are all so consistently obnoxious that it is obvious that the show is completely scripted. I don't know where HGTV finds such great actors among the random public in Canada but somehow they have done it. I watch this network to see great design ideas, not boring bickering and whining. I hope this show's ratings tank and it is cancelled. Until that happens, I will switch the channel every time that horrible show comes on.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too joined the message boards to comment on this show. I have, and I agree with all of the complaints that have been voiced. I get so angry, among all of the other stuff, when David and Hilary are more interested in beating each other than on providing the homeowners what they have asked for.

It was interesting that a few weeks ago HGTV held a $50000 sweepstakes that you had to watch this show to enter. Are they trying to pay us to watch?

Posts: 6 | Location: Orange County, Calif | Registered: Sep 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whew! I thought I was the only one who hated this show (considering it seems to be on all the time now)...

I like the concept, but all this fake tension between the professionals and home owners is really awful. I used to be able to turn on HGTV all day for background while doing house work, reading, visiting with friends, whatever, but now I don't do that any more because LIOLI might come on.

I wonder if the homeowners know they are going to be portrayed as unreasonable and rude, and if so why anyone would agree to do that.

I, like others on here, have joined this site just to complain about this show. I want my all day HGTV back!!! It used to be my escape from all of the hyped-up, overly-dramatic garbage out there these days, but not since this show came on and I want it back!

Please HGTV, I hope someone out there is paying attention to all of these unhappy viewers and will do something about it. Keep the show, just cut out all the fake drama.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Abby Gal, If you have any influence can you get them to fix the emotions? I miss them so much Frown

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3181 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are we going to be subjected to
5 hours of Love it or list it
on Monday nights all season?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tjrichards
posted Hide Post
I hope HGTV pays attention to these posts regarding Love It or List It...it is the worst show ever!! Please take it away!...you are losing viewers!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELizard65
posted Hide Post
I am getting fed up with this show. I do like it, but it's the same show every time. If I was a homeowner and I gave Hillary tens of thousands of dollars for my reno, I would be extremely pissed off if they found out LATER that they couldn't do this or that. You need to make some changes to the show. Get inspectors in there beforehand so it can be up front what can & can't be done. Also, David ALWAYS finds the ideal house last.

This has gotten old fast. Please make changes. For ONCE, I'd like to see Hillary give the couple everything they want. Can't HGTV add **$ to their budget? These shows are SO cheap for you to make -- ESPECIALLY being in Canada. How about HGTV matching their budget?

Just do something. I'm sick of watching the same show EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Posts: 12 | Location: United States | Registered: Jan 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please take this show off the air. It is totally scripted for all the wrong reasons. The hosts are obnoxious. You had so many other good shows that you are no longer running like What is my house worth. In todays market that would be really interesting. I am tired of having Love it or List jammed down my throat every day

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gormley:
Please take this show off the air. It is totally scripted for all the wrong reasons. The hosts are obnoxious. You had so many other good shows that you are no longer running like What is my house worth. In todays market that would be really interesting. I am tired of having Love it or List jammed down my throat every day

Change the channel. If you are getting HGTV, clearly you have cable and likely with at least 50 other channels if not 150 or more. I don't care for House Hunters, you know what I don't watch it. In fact I don't care for most of their programing anymore.

Sorry to be blunt, but really. Also, HGTV doesn't come here looking for programing and/or scheduling suggestions.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

I am not an employee of HGTV, nor is anyone else that posts here.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6985 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't watch it anymore. However to suggest HGTV ignores these comments would suggest they don't care about ratings or advetisement dollars.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gormley:
I don't watch it anymore. However to suggest HGTV ignores these comments would suggest they don't care about ratings or advetisement dollars.

HGTV doesn't do much with these boards, if you want to kvetch to them you need to use the contact us link at the bottom of the page. They used to police them much better but not so much anymore. If their filter doesn't kick it out it will likely stay.

General Disclaimer

Any advice given here is general in nature and is not necessarily valid for your given area. If in doubt check with your local codes enforcement department for what is required when doing electrical, plumbing or structural work on your house. Permits may or may not be required in your area and home owners may not be able to DIY some tasks. I have no way of knowing if you have the skills needed to complete the tasks you are asking about, when in doubt seek professional assistance.

My advice may be worth exactly what you pay me for it. :-) For the record I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Posts: 6985 | Location: Cary, North Carolina | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just started to watch the show and I guess I don't understand how things work. Who pays the initial renovation budget, the show? the homeowners? I saw one episode with water coming into the basement. They installed a product to let it run under the house--but didn't fix the foundation. In my state, water in the basement or water that gets through the foundation if not revealed to a purchaser is the grounds for rescinding the sales contract. Canadians please answer how this wouldn't negatively affect the sales price. The real estate agent goes on to say how the renovations increased the new sales price, what about the major water problem? They did not fix the foundation so the problem still exists. This is a major decrease in the sale of property in my area and I would have to disclose the issue here in Ohio.

Posts: 3247 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arbitrary renovation budget that appears to have no relationship to the scope of work and then lame "problems" that cause parts of work to not fit in that budget is offensive. Do they think their viewers are that stupid or do they just not care? My favorite is the plumbing vent that had to move to the other side of the basement when there was already a stack visible within two feet. They had to justify throwing out a major item. Why don't they just say "we used up all of your tiny budget long before we got to the end of your gigantic wish list?

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jun 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ionosphere
posted Hide Post
It doesn't seem fair that David can find a home above their budgets, but Hillary cannot spend more than their budgets. Also, how can the value of the houses always increase more than the renovation cost? Houses only get X% increase in value of the cost and X is always less than 100. Are we being tricked and the show gives free labor that is not included in the budget costs?

The truth is out there

Posts: 7 | Location: United States | Registered: Oct 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with you but I would like to know where I can get a 4th bedroom, a renovated kitchen, a second bathroom and a mudroom, all for $50,000, wouldn't you?? lol

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
What amazes me is the cost of housing in Ontario Canada. Three Quarters of a million dollars (Canadian) for 2000 square feet.

If you have ever done any remodeling work, it is not unusual to run into unforeseen problems as you get into the project. There are always going to be trade-offs when you do a remodeling project or when you go looking at new houses unless you have an unlimited budget. Also, I've run into different issues here in NC moving from one county to the next. In Wake County a homeowner can pull a permit to do electrical work but in next door Durham County only a licensed electrician can unless you take a test. In both cases since you're pulling a permit it is going to be inspected. Given that, I could see where Hilary could run into an issue like the tree not allowing her to expand the footprint of a house.

I find it interesting that for the most part the new shows on HGTV in the USA are imported from Canada. With the exception of House Hunters what shows are US based anymore? Property Brothers, Love it or List It, Holmes' shows are all Canadian and most are a couple of years old.

General Disclaimer

posted Hide Post
One hopes that an improvement to their home will always bring more than the actual cost to rennovate..For instance, we just built a 4 plex for $250k...we were offered $400k from an interested party..

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ionosphere
posted Hide Post
On the show Bang for your Buck, the return on remodel is almost always less than 100%.

The truth is out there

Posts: 7 | Location: United States | Registered: Oct 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sparky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ionosphere:
On the show Bang for your Buck, the return on remodel is almost always less than 100%.

I would agree that most times you will not get 100% of your money back when doing a renovation. However there are many factors that will play into it, location being the first and always foremost in real estate. Second is what are comparable houses selling for in the immediate area. If the neighbors houses have been updated and yours hasn't the value will be discounted .

If you over improve, say putting a $100K kitchen in a $200K house you will not recoup the money. Some things you can do will help you sell the house faster, which is money. On the show they only have David show them what he thinks the house should list for based on comps in the area. They don't show what the house actually sells for but in today's market you can assume it won't sell for more, it also doesn't take into account the cost of selling and moving. This is may explain why Hilary has a better win ratio than David. I assume the Canadian Realtor commission is similar to the US, so these homes that the owners have with $750K values would have about $45K in real estate commission, throw in another $20K for moving and other expenses involved in buying a new house and staying put becomes more attractive.

Generally speaking you don't remodel a house to sell it in today's market. You do paint with neutral colors, replace worn carpet with new neutral colors, declutter, clean up the landscaping, replace anything that is broken or worn but you shouldn't do a major kitchen renovation with an eye on resale. Renovate to stay to meet your needs and desires. If you spent $40K on a new kitchen and live in the house for another 5 years and get enjoyment out of having the new kitchen great. If that $40K expense improves the value of the house by $35K great, if it improves it by $45K even better but don't count on it.

General Disclaimer

posted Hide Post
This show makes no sense and as a builder it seems too fake just like House Hunters. My recommendations is to take it off the air.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by krisskrossmom:
I am watching this show, which has a pretty good concept, and it's episode "Function and Flow." I am cringing over how rude the woman is. I haven't felt this uncomfortable at watching a show in a long time. She is just awful. I was born Canadian, and "Love It or List It" is giving Canadians a bad name. I totally agree that the homeowners are being coached to be this obnoxious. And it is ruining what could be a good show.

Saw the first half --- did they love or list it?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ceeayche
posted Hide Post
I fear Sparky is right. After a year of complaints, no response from Gal Abby and if anything the rotation of the show has increased.
... With little change to address the complaints.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Dec 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post