Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shopping
Hop To Forums   Where Can I Find It?
  Solar Lantern Batteries?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Solar Lantern Batteries? Sign In/Join 
posted
Hello, I bought 6 really nice solar lanterns at Wal Mart recently. The problem I have is I need to replace the batteries. I have attempted to replace them but I must be buying the wrong batteries. They take AAA rechargeable batteries. Are there different levels of brightness with the batteries? I have no idea where to begin to purchase the correct ones. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Posts: 129 | Registered: Dec 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The batteries do not determine the brightness. That is done by the light bulb. So,e burn bright but not very long. Others are dimmer but last almost all night.

I've bought batteries at walmarts or dollar general. The have to be marked solar rechargeable.

Posts: 6733 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lowe's, Home Depot, etc... also all carry replacement batteries for them. They keep them with the solar lights though. You won't find them in the usual battery displays.

Posts: 46 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for your help! I will check these places out. Thank you!!

Posts: 129 | Registered: Dec 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walmart carries replacement lantern batteries.
Look in the Garden section where the lanterns are.
I tried using "regular" rechargables and wasn't happy.

Posts: 1926 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post