Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shopping
Hop To Forums   Where Can I Find It?
  Looking for Very Short Island Range Hood...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Very Short Island Range Hood... Sign In/Join 
posted
I have been looking everywhere for a short Island Range Hood for my kitchen...

The specific detail making my search difficult is that I need to mount the hood to a bulk head above the stove (The kitchen was renovated and this is a load bearing wall).

There was a hood installed when we bought the house, but the bottom of the fan was about 17 inches above the cook surface, which is too close, and you can't see around it when you are cooking.

The ceiling is 8ft, but with the bulk head it takes away 12 Inches. So, the distance from the bulk head to cook surface is 47 inches. Pretty close.

I have looked everywhere for a island range hood with a super short chimney. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes island hoods this short? I've searched major brands and beyond with no luck.

Also, the entire hood would have to be under 18 to 19 inches. A with of 30 inches or smaller would fit the kitchen size best.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

BoilerDIY

Brad Gressel

Area for hood

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post