Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shopping
Hop To Forums   Where Can I Find It?
  Can anyone identify this fabric?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone identify this fabric? Sign In/Join 
posted
Can anyone identify this fabric? I just finished covering my cornices and used oriental frog closures to simulate a look that the closures are folding the pleats together.

Pillows in this fabric would totally complete the look. I've zoomed in on the fabric and it looks like a cotton poly blend.

I have tried every combination of words I can think of in an attempt to try and find the fabric (printed knots and fabric, Celtic knot print fabric etc). Hoping someone knows who the manufacturer might be.

Thank you so much!

http://images.search.yahoo.com...Tp4TB3KmBud&fr=crmas

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NothingCoulBeFiner,

Posts: 66 | Registered: Nov 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pattern looks like an embellishment on top of the fabric. Have you seen it in person and know it is printed?

Posts: 7282 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I am sorry I cannot help you, but I really liked looking at the beautiful fabrics I found on the websites. I don't usually take time to just browse and see what's out there...I'm really glad I did this time. Because of your post, I took some time to just look and relax. I thank you for that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1502 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you both. Turns out it is/was a printed fabric, but the lady at a local fabric/remnant shop said the pattern was at least four years old and she hadn't seen it for awhile, so the chances of finding even a remnant is 0%. Even went onto Pinterest, thinking at least one person in the big world of Pinterest would have pinned it . . . no luck.

posted Hide Post
Only thing that I think might work is to visit any upholstery/fabric shop in your area. A shop that sells lots of this kind of fabric not one that just does upholstery and/or drapes. Sometimes they have old stock or know someone who does. I have one in my area that has stuff for years.

Posts: 3273 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That same pattern is available as a wool dhurrie rug from Shades of Light. Maybe if you go on their website you can find out who makes the rug and see if they also make fabric.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Morristown | Registered: Jun 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of real estate lady
posted Hide Post
try... etsy chain link..on the web

Posts: 9311 | Registered: Aug 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The fabric is a couple of years old and by Kravet. You can still find it from time to time on Ebay or some of the online close out fabric stores.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NothingCoulBeFiner:
Can anyone identify this fabric? I just finished covering my cornices and used oriental frog closures to simulate a look that the closures are folding the pleats together.

Pillows in this fabric would totally complete the look. I've zoomed in on the fabric and it looks like a cotton poly blend.

I have tried every combination of words I can think of in an attempt to try and find the fabric (printed knots and fabric, Celtic knot print fabric etc). Hoping someone knows who the manufacturer might be.

Thank you so much!

http://images.search.yahoo.com...Tp4TB3KmBud&fr=crmas

The fabric looks really nice but unfortunately I couldn't find it anywhere but I hope you do.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jun 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post