Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Politically Correct Sign In/Join 
posted
HGTV's apparent decision to cancel a new show due to a possible, perceived slight indicates a glaring lack of faith in HGTV's viewer base and their own creative staff. If HGTV is a for-profit business the final judge should be the free market. Allowing either side of a p.c. issue to pre-empt a viewer choice decision indicates a lack of faith and courage that viewers of all ilk have the intelligence or courage to make decision for their respective life styles. D. Magee

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Donald Magee,

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps, as businessmen, had the brothers used good judgment and kept their controversial feelings to themselves, HGTV would not have felt a need to take this action. My uncle owns a cabinet making business in town and as a businessman choses not to make his political positions public so as not to offend potential customers.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. So disappointed that HGTV has caved to the PC police. I'm not even Christian but am tired of the bullying. I will not watch HGTV or buy their products anymore. Great shows and great products but I don't support censorship.

Posts: 7 | Registered: May 11, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
Sms, well, there you are again. Raising you ugly responses whenever you can. I knew you would slide on to this subject soon. To all posters, read every old post of SMS to understand what this poster is.

html

Posts: 2522 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugly? If anyone reads my posts they will soon see that I have never introduced a controversial topic on any of these boards. But when someone else does, he or she can hardly complain when it gets comments. Isn't that what the original poster wants?

Posts: 3475 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: Jan 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
The poster only needs to be informed of just what type of poster is hating on the Benham Brothers.

html

Posts: 2522 | Location: Sarasota | Registered: Jan 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
SMS, the next subject down is an eye opener with your so called VIEWS! Hater, oh yes, you are the hater of the Benham brothers and without any knowledge other than your own hatred of Christians. Your postings are outing you very nicely now.

html

posted Hide Post
I am not a hater of Christians. I haven't seen any evidence of true Christianity on these boards. I am quite sure that the views I have expressed on this subject and others would be applauded by Pope Francis as they are in agreement with statements HE has made. It has always puzzled me why a true Christian would have to announce it himself anyway--it should shine from his soul. No one should ever be surprised to learn that someone else is a Christian. If they are surprised, that "Christian" is doing something wrong. Love thy neighbor as thyself was the commandment that J esus would have used to replace all the others.

But let's put your theory to the test. You think that whatever the brothers do on their own time is their own business and should not affect their jobs. Would you feel the same way about your pastor moonlighting as a stripper?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sms29s66,

Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
I am defending the Benham Brothers because their right to employment was taken from them by HGTV. Posters like you agree and post here for other haters to join in with the tar and feather group! How dare you put a Pope into this hatred? The Benham Brothers have been singled out also by the bank that held their loan by trying to stop said loan. The loan to re-do the home on said show that was cancelled. If you want to tie up with that kind of hatred, have at it, but I will continue to call all of you haters out!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flboy,

html

posted Hide Post
Nobody has a "right" to a particular job. What about an employer's right to hire and fire? flboy, you really have gone round the bend. And as for my reference to the pope, the only controversial positions I have taken have been to defend the poor and marginalized. I have heard him make statements similar to mine. If you have proof of my having done anything else, I invite you to prove it rather than froth at the mouth.

Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
SMS,As usual you are proving my point as to why I have posted on all of your previous nasty postings.You are posting all of your nasty feelings for all to read. Thank you for once again remaining your self. You fit right in with the rest of the people posting here about how right it was to deny the Benham Brothers their job that they had attained on HGTV. To think that this group of haters, You among them, that it is okay to attack and destroy any one in this manner, proves every point I have tried to make. Sleep well all of you haters?

html

posted Hide Post
You never answered my question: Would it be okay for your pastor to moonlight as a stripper?

Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
I don't have a pastor. I don't care what any person wants to do as long as they do not break the law or try to destroy another person because of their beliefs. I am not having a conversation with you, we have opposite beliefs. I would never decide to get up in the A.M. to join in the destruction of any person because I do not like what they may or MAY NOT have ever said or believe. You , Charles, Charming and other posters have been duped. by the politically correct or hatred of HGTV.

html

posted Hide Post
Nobody is trying to destroy the brothers. HGTV merely made a business decision that the brothers do not fit into their vision for the future of their brand. Actually, I suspect that most of us on these boards do not fit the HGTV target audience because we are all older than their demographic model. It is time to retire this thread. The decision was made long ago and it is not likely to change. (And apparently HGTV has not broken any laws, so they are by your own words free to do whatever they want. As are you. If you are in opposition to HGTV's actions, I wonder why you continue to visit these boards that THEY make available to you to express yourself.)

Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
SMS, Why do you feel the need or want to continue with all of the hate filled posts that you have posted over the past years? How many posters have left because of you and the rest of your bullies that gang up with you on other posters. I love to read the same names over and over that are your so called posting buddies. The same old nasty posters are all posting that same hate that you post. I will never stop posting when a injustice has been allowed to occur and I will not quit posting here. That leaves it up to you to leave and don't let the door hit you in your big mouth when you exit!

html

posted Hide Post
You're going to bust a gasket if you don't calm down.

Picture of flboy
posted Hide Post
Calm? What in the world are you posting about? I have given my opinion on the subject and I sleep very well at night in regard to every posting that I have posted to HGTV message boards. I did not have to resort to name calling as you, Charles and Charming did. Charming told me to go back with the type of people I am defending. I wonder where Charles gets off calling me a red neck. I thought that was what liberals called people from the South. I am not from the South, but that slur is just another reminder of what type of people still throw that slur around, and what type of people posted against the Benham Brothers. You have made your choices as well and now dear, LIVE WITH THEM! Pick up your ball and go home now.

html

posted Hide Post
Frothing