Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Decorating
Hop To Forums   What's Hot / What's Not
  Travel Inspired Decor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel Inspired Decor Sign In/Join 
posted
I am looking at launching a home decor line that is entirely inspired by travel. One of the first pieces to the collection will be vintage map coasters, which I have here on Etsy! Check them out and let me know what you think.

http://etsy.me/1g6G09g

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Bummer. I thought you were going to show how you decorated your home with items purchased when you traveled.

Advertising is not allowed by HGTV on their message boards. This has been reported.

Posts: 17383 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the side tables that are created using old pieces of luggage (30', 40' 50' hard cardboard style). Trunks make great coffee tables. Go to your local hardware store or wood working shop buy and 2 to 3" legs for it. Looks better than just placing to trunk on the floor.

Posts: 66 | Registered: Nov 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our New York apartment evokes France as we've brought back fabrics, ceramic items, bistro decor each time we've gone. Our walls are covered with large, vintage, French posters. Being surrounded by items we got while traveling makes our place feel truly personal, and I never forget where we bought each item. We've gone to restaurant supply houses in Paris and have old cafe signs, a cornichon jar, mustard containers. And I collect plates with French writing, which I nip to use in designing mosaic pieces. Oh yes, we also have old French phones, one shaped like the Eiffel Tower.

Posts: 4 | Location: United States | Registered: Jun 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sybil sage, this post started as a spam and now you have added to that? Advertising is not allowed. Read the rules.

Posts: 7291 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post