Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Outdoors
Hop To Forums   Gardening with Kids
  for Marie Hofer, Gardening Editor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

for Marie Hofer, Gardening Editor Sign In/Join 
Picture of ga.karen
posted
The kids board is a joke & needs to be put back like it used to be, at least it got used then.
Any gardening with kids is tricky...they either have to be really young before they figure out that it is W O R K or have a genuine interest in it. Most of them are too involved with their electronics to care about it.
Except for the O ba ma kids....michelle makes them pull weeds in the W h i t e H o u s e garden...good for her, good for them!

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4314 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I totally agree with you karen. you would think if the moderators actually read these boards, they would have figured out by now that no one actually posts on this board. the perrenial board was way more popular over this one. please mods bring back the old board already. we gardeners want it back. & kids don't get on this board anyway, so, why are you using the space for them?

cheryl hill

Posts: 373 | Location: lansing, MI u.s.a. | Registered: Aug 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi ga.karen and aggiegrad,
Thanks so much for your honest feedback. We're in the midst of redesigning the HGTV community section (we know user experience isn't all it can be), and we're really looking forward to sharing all the cool stuff that lies ahead for the Family Gardening Club. To get the instructions for the next project, just sign up for the newsletter.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Mar 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Oh, great answer. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7701 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ga.karen
posted Hide Post
I agree mgt! I don't want to be in any "Family Gardening Club"!

Why do people think they can "fix" things that aren't broken?

I'm not interested in a "newsletter", I would, however, be interested in genuine GOOD information with some science behind it!
Say something like the effects of continued use of chemical fertilizers on our soils & our water supply!

I have enough projects of my own without someone suggesting more. But I'm sure there are folks out there who need "projects"!

And just another little note about "redesigning" the boards...every time there has been any redesign/updates, it has screwed up something on the boards that sometimes gets fixed & sometimes it doesn't.

"The soil is the source of life, creativity, culture and real independence." David Ben-Gurion

Posts: 4314 | Location: SW Ga. 8b | Registered: Apr 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey, ms marie, have you even noticed that no one has posted here since jan. 8th. it is now march 24th. that's quite a long time between postings don't you think? doesn't that tell you that no one wants this "kids" board on here? please put it back the way it once was. that's what everyone is waiting for. thanks.

cheryl hill

Posts: 373 | Location: lansing, MI u.s.a. | Registered: Aug 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
seriously, not one post since march & now it's the middle of may. if that doesn't tell you that NO~ONE uses this board, than nothing will. can we please have the perennial board back? it was used way more than this one ever will be. thank you.

cheryl hill

posted Hide Post
still there aren't any new postings on the 4th of july. obviously no~one uses this board. so, when are you going to get rid of it? I hope soon. thanks.

cheryl hill

Picture of Wavy
posted Hide Post
I totally agree with you, aggiegrad!!! I never even bother to view A N Y T H I N G on the Kids Gardening Board. Kids aren't interested in gardening. It's usually grandparents trying to spend some quality time by making them participate in gardening. My DD is 19 and never spent any time in back yard at all. She LOVES HER COMPUTER, PERIOD!!!
Please bring back the Perennial Board or make up another interesting catergory, like Helpful Hints you'd like to share with others, for example..... anything but a Kids Gardening Board!!! Thanks from all of us!!! Group Hug

SPRING HAS F I N A L L Y SPRUNG!!!!!

Posts: 453 | Location: "The Garden State" ~ N.J. | Registered: Jul 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow! thanks for posting a reply wavy. I didn't think anyone ever would. my last post was way back in july. have you noticed that not 1 person has posted anything on this board since july, till you just did. if that doesn't prove that this is a useless space than nothing does. if only the people in charge would just figure that out, please. we want the old board back. this one is a dismal failure. thank you.

cheryl hill

posted Hide Post
Gardening isn't work. It is really enjoyable. I don't know what my parents done to me but I would never call Gardening work unless I was getting paid for it and even then...

I started Gardening from a very young age about 6-7 years old though.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Aug 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post