HGTV Message Boards
Does anybody make paper beads??

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2994011632/m/8163970167

Jul 12, 2012, 09:34 AM
thimble lady
Does anybody make paper beads??
Does anybody make rolled paper beads that are so popular now? I have tried but need some hints on how to get them started. Anybody?
Jul 17, 2012, 09:23 PM
SC Lady
go to check the pj class list.. toryam does these beads.

Libby

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." ~~~Dalai Lama
Aug 07, 2012, 07:28 PM
thimble lady
Thanks, I see them everywhere now and that makes me want to make some!!! I think some tips from an expert will make it easier!!!!
Aug 21, 2012, 10:48 PM
SharonK
We roll ours around a toothpick, hit the end of the tip with Aleene's Tacky Glue, Drop them off the toothpick onto a glass or stoneware dinner plate to dry. You got beads.
Aug 22, 2012, 05:58 PM
maryim
I used fabric the same way, made a necklace. It's very shabby chic.
Aug 29, 2012, 10:06 PM
thimble lady
Oh, thanks to both of you. Your fabric beads didnt fray too much? You coated them? Ill bet they are gorgeous!
Aug 30, 2012, 02:54 PM
dandeeline
I've never tried fabric, but I make beads out of colorful magazine pages. I roll them around a toothpick and use a glue stick when I am almost finished rolling.
I glaze them too, sometimes with a glaze, sometimes with Mod Podge, and I have even used clear finger nail polish.

I stick the end of the toothpick in an upside down foam bowl to let the beads dry. After I take them off I sort by similar colors and store in baby food jars until I am ready to make something.
Sep 04, 2012, 12:02 AM
maryim
quote:
Originally posted by thimble lady:
Oh, thanks to both of you. Your fabric beads didnt fray too much? You coated them? Ill bet they are gorgeous!

I left them as is, they didn't fray, just looked rough cut.
Sep 04, 2012, 01:03 PM
thimble lady
Sounds beautiful. Im going to try it.
Sep 13, 2012, 02:22 AM
cocok
Made tons of them when I was a little girl using the method SharonK described. That was 40 some years ago. We used paper from old magazines, and they turned out really pretty and colorful.
Sep 26, 2012, 03:09 PM
toryam
Use your rotary cutter to cut them in a long skinny triangle shape. The wide end is where u start rolling with the toothpick & determines the width of your beads. PM me your addy & I'll put a sackful in the mail to u.

Nov 18, 2012, 03:24 AM
Lg56
I made these just two years ago, I showed the granddaughter and she made lots and loved it.

My friend Eileen showed me how and she had purchased a neat wire bead paper roller. It had a little slit in it and you just slipped the paper in and rolled.

We started with a length of triangle shaped paper. The longer the paper the larger the bead. We used Aleeens glue on them.
Jan 06, 2013, 12:45 PM
Coco Cathy
http://www.ejrbeads.co.uk/blendedtutorial.htm here is a site and if you gogle you tube paper beads i am sure you will get many hits. or just paper beads.
Jan 21, 2013, 09:14 PM
Leafly
There are several good tutorials on Youtube.
Jun 19, 2013, 05:37 AM
Hellen K
Woven paper can be easily made into all kinds of beads in the different sizes and colors.Here is an article about paper beads. Hope you can get some inspirations from it.