Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Craft Trends
  Resizing Pic Instructions???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Resizing Pic Instructions??? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Trudi
posted
I love seeing all the things you all make, and I would love to post pics of the t shirt accessories that I make. However, I can't seem to find instructions for resizing pics, and it always tells me that mine are too large. I post on other sites without a problem. Help please?

Posts: 2051 | Location: N.C. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Hi Trudi.

Most people have some kind of Imaging software on there computer where you can resize your pics. If you are saving pics to your computer you probably have a program that will do that either from the software pkg that came with the computer or camera software that was loaded if you transfer pics to your computer via a digital camera.

I use a Windows program and all I have to do is double click on a pic from my picture library and it automatically opens to an editing page where I can go to resize.

The other option I use is Photobucket. If you use an online photo album like Photobucket there are links for applying attachments of your pics to message boards such as this.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it but those are the two I use. :-)

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3204 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
I use IrfanView. You can download it free from the internet. Have used it a long time. And is easy to use.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10044 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Trudi
posted Hide Post
Thanks...I'll experiment. Smile

T shirt scarf, necklace, bracelet and flower

Posts: 2051 | Location: N.C. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rainee
posted Hide Post
Looks like your experiment worked! Love what you made and love the colors too! :-)

"Welcome to reality would you like some popcorn?"

Posts: 3204 | Location: The Emerald City, WA | Registered: Apr 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Trudi
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Smile

Picture of mgt
posted Hide Post
Yep, your experiment worked well, and I love the scarf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've decided to quit my job, drop out of society, and wear live animals as hats."

Posts: 7866 | Location: Black Creek, WI Zone 5 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Trudi
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I enjoy making several different styles.

Picture of lucky203
posted Hide Post
Trudi, I love your scarf, the colors are beautiful. What kind of fabric did you use? What is that at the top of the hanger, it looks like some sort of pin? Thank you, Michele

Posts: 1116 | Location: South Jersey | Registered: Sep 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very pretty! Love the colors.

Posts: 671 | Location: Ashley, IL | Registered: Feb 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
i use this method to resize pics:

http://www.resize.it/resize-portrait-photo.html

go to “resize a portrait photo”

click where it says “browse” go to “pictures” in your computer
click on folder where picture is
click on picture u want to resize
click on 360 x 480 pixels (size u want for hgtv), and choose first one [90 left]
press ok
wait for it to resize
when it comes up, right click, find “save image as”
where it says “file name” – say “star2” or whatever u want
if u want to change another, click browse and do as above
X out of site to close

go to hgtv

type your message and then click add attachment
browse and look in your pics for “star2”, click on it, press “open”
and then click “post now”

yayyy u did it

Posts: 5061 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
Trudi, I recently found a free app (thanks to a professional computer whiz) called Resize Image that I found easy to use. I highly recommend it.

Posts: 18779 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I am not real computer savvy , I have discovered a way to share my photos here. If I load my pictures, then email them to me ; save them from the email to my pictures; it always resizes them and that allows me to share here. I know there are more technical ways to do it but that works for me.

Posts: 2393 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post