Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Craft Trends
  Sandwich Bag Winter Wreath
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sandwich Bag Winter Wreath Sign In/Join 
Picture of Trudi
posted
...on a wire hanger.

Posts: 2051 | Location: N.C. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Trudi, That is really pretty and could be used any season depending on the accessories you put with it. Thank you for sharing. Marylee

Posts: 1496 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Trudi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mriley:
Trudi, That is really pretty and could be used any season depending on the accessories you put with it. Thank you for sharing. Marylee
Thanks! This is my first one, but there are some really pretty ones on Pinterest. You're right, I can't wait to do one for spring....if it ever comes! Big Grin

Posts: 2051 | Location: N.C. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CJO
posted Hide Post
A valentine one would be gorgeous...amazing how sparkly those bags are Smile

Posts: 2908 | Registered: Oct 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Trudi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CJO:
A valentine one would be gorgeous...amazing how sparkly those bags are Smile
They reflect the colors around them too, and are much prettier on a colorful background than hanging on my china cabinet door. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Wow this is a really cool idea and it turned out beautifully. Did you tie the plastic bags on or glue them? And what siZe Sandwich bags did you use? It is a great idea.

Nicole

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jan 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Trudi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nicole R:
Wow this is a really cool idea and it turned out beautifully. Did you tie the plastic bags on or glue them? And what siZe Sandwich bags did you use? It is a great idea.

Nicole
Thank you...I just used regular sandwich bags, the fold kind, NOT the ziplock. First you bend the wire hanger into a circle, then fold the bags in half vertically, and tie them once onto the hanger. As you add more bags, just push them up close together. As you tie, be sure to pull gently because they tear easily. When you've used a box of bags, just fluff and embellish as you like. That's it! I found a tutorial for it on Pinterest...I needed the visual. Smile

Picture of beedeeess
posted Hide Post
Wish I could have seen this but the picture was gone. I'll find it on Pinterest....sounds cute.

Posts: 301 | Location: Southampton, NJ | Registered: Nov 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Trudi
posted Hide Post
Not sure why the pic is gone for you, I can still see it. But Pinterest does have some really nice ones. Let me know what you think!

Picture of beedeeess
posted Hide Post
Interesting - this happens a lot to me on this site. There's the "NO" sign a circle with a line through it.

I did go on Pinterest and saw them and when I did it clicked a memory of making these a really long time ago. They are really cute and can be decorated in so many ways on the cheap!

Posts: 301 | Location: Southampton, NJ | Registered: Nov 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beedeeess
posted Hide Post
This is really weird. As soon as I posted my reply the picture showed up.

Picture of Trudi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beedeeess:
This is really weird. As soon as I posted my reply the picture showed up.
LOL! Wouldn't you know it? Big Grin