Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Craft Trends
  Upcycling Vinyl Records
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcycling Vinyl Records Sign In/Join 
posted
Hi all! I'm a new small business owner trying my hand at upcycling. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject. I got really excited about it when I realized that it was something that I could to help preserve music history AND reduce our carbon footprint at the same time!

Check out my mission statement on Kickstarter http://kck.st/VvvVmp

Dave Krogle
Head Honcho
VintageVinylEmporium.com

Posts: 2 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sadisu
posted Hide Post
Great job, I have made a lot of the bowls. Love the bracelets. Good luck sounds like a great idea. Joan

Stay Calm crochet on

Posts: 106 | Location: Arizona | Registered: Feb 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sadisu:
Great job, I have made a lot of the bowls. Love the bracelets. Good luck sounds like a great idea. Joan

Thank you, Joan!

Dave Krogle
Head Honcho
VintageVinylEmporium.com

Posts: 2 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what upcycling is, could you give me the reader's digest description? It sounds super interesting! And I love that it can help save our environment!

stay at home dad!

Posts: 6 | Location: ***** | Registered: Feb 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong but upcycle is just a fancy word for recycle (I think)

Posts: 7131 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Upcycling is not really a fancy word for recycling. Upcycling involves recycling a product and then turning it into a high quality product that sells for a fair amount. Recycling could be just turning the said product in to compost.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Aug 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave like what you have done with the vinyls. The bracelets are intriquing.

I want to make a clock with one of mine. I have a picture in my head. Question, how do you cut the records?

Posts: 174 | Registered: Jun 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post