Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Craft Trends
  Beware of new advertising poster!!!! Still
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware of new advertising poster!!!! Still Sign In/Join 
Picture of granny3641
posted
There is another poster that is showing us how to make things, etc. and then when you scroll down, she has where you can buy the supplies. This person is from Hong Kong.

Pleas report if you don't want the advertising on our boards.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: granny3641,

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10039 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
ttt or 'bump'

Good friends are like stars...You don't always see them, but you always know they're there.

Posts: 10039 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: Jan 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
How in the world did this post get 2591 views in 4 days?????

posted Hide Post
Because this is our boards and we REALLY DISLIKE people who break the rules......

Posts: 1988 | Location: Northern New Jersey | Registered: Mar 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish everyone would not even read her posts and definitely do not click on her link. There is another person that may be her under a different name posting also and both of them are ruining a lot of threads in different topics because once they post everyone stops responding to what was a good thread. You would think they would get the hint but they must be dumber than dirt and/or enjoy being annoying.

Posts: 42 | Registered: Feb 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of granny3641
posted Hide Post
D *&#* how do we get rid of this 'pita'?

Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
I tried to contact the Chat Line to ask them about the posts you are talking about, but the Chat Line did not come up. I will try another time. I contacted them once about a poster who was advertising and they took that poster off.

I must tell you though...I am not sure the poster is trying to advertise. I kind of think that she is passing along tutorials for projects that she finds interesting and the order part is something she cannot edit out.

I went into Nbeads and all the tutorials were there under the heading Instructions.

Nevertheless, I am going to keep trying to reach the Chat Line and see if they will take a look at the posts.

Posts: 1494 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
For anyone who is interested...I have contacted the Chat Line and the lady there will check with the moderator to determine if the posts in question are indeed advertising. They will email me with their decision. It will take a few days.

If anyone wants to contact the Chat Line...You scroll down to the bottom of this page. The very last option on the right hand corner is "Contact Us". Click on it and you will get the box to reach the Chat Line. It is located above the form to send an email to HGTV. Sometimes the Chat Line box does not come up and I just try later or on another day. I believe they are available from 9:30 to 5:00 Mon thru Fri.

Posts: 1494 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post