Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HGTV Smart home 2014 - General Q&A Sign In/Join 
posted
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to create a thread to initiate any discussions, questions, etc regarding the 2014 smart home since I couldn't find a specific forum to post...

SWM

Posts: 5 | Location: Trinidad | Registered: Apr 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone notice what docking station was used in the master bedroom and for what phone it war for?! I personally always stuck with ihome docking stations for bedrooms, but may consider a change if this one was any good (and iphone compatible)... SWM

Posts: 5 | Location: Trinidad | Registered: Apr 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed there were various different controls used for the smart home I.e. Toilet control, shower control, control4 and ADT... I think the toilet control is maybe a little OTT, the shower control was decent and maybe ok being separate to the main controls like control4 and ADT... However, control4 can do pretty much what ADT (and possible viseversa) can do, so is there any point to having them separate?! Anyone got any thoughts on the choice of home control for this smarthome?

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I did not notice and smartphone docks, but sure there must be, Almost everything can be operated from any smart phone, or tablet. watch the video that tells about all the smart items in the home, very informative.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5684 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi nursejudy, Thanks, I saw the smart home 2014 episode, not sure if that's what you mean, but didn't catch what dock it was...

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
swmasson, go to the smarthome site here on HGTV, they have an a sundry of videos on the smarthome. Look for the one on the smart features, it gives a lot of interesting information on the smart devices used in the home.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5684 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In prizes, the house lists 3 1/2 baths. By my count there are 4 1/2 baths. Am I wrong?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
4 1/2 one in the Master, one in the kids room, one shared by the guest room and the kids den, 1/2 bath in the entry area and the 4th in the basement. Quite often basements are not considered in the square feet so the one in the basement probably was not in the count when they were talking about the main living part of the house. It is great having the one in the basement as well as there are two sofa'a with beds down there plus another sofa in kids room with bed. They were sure looking at friends and family coming to visit. Wonderful! Smile

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥