Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

winner Sign In/Join 
posted
do they have a winner or when will they announce it

Posts: 380 | Registered: Oct 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dreamn_again
posted Hide Post
According to the official rules, the actual drawing should be around this Wednesday.

Here's the contact information from the rules...

Main Sponsor anticipates that the potential Grand Prize Winner will be contacted either by phone, e-mail, in writing, or in person via an "ambush style" visit by Main Sponsor representatives at the Grand Prize Winner’s home or other location between June 28 and July 19, 2014 (subject to change).

Posts: 457 | Location: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr.Bill
posted Hide Post
I hope they don't "Ambush" me if I win. I have a bad heart! I can just visualize the carving on my tombstone..."He sure was lucky that day!"

Smile

{Proud Member of the Flapjaw Club}
~♥~ ~♥~

Posts: 3616 | Location: United States | Registered: Feb 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
We have to keep you healthy Mr. Bill, they can ambush me instead. Wink

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5684 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silly4Houses
posted Hide Post
No, no! Pick me, pick me!!! I'm cleaning up the house and getting my hair done, ready for ambushing. Ambush away!

~~~~Dream On!!!!~~~~

Posts: 398 | Location: Naples, FL | Registered: Dec 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of meowmom
posted Hide Post
Guess I'd better clean up my apt! Ambushing me at work is impossible so they'd have to come here!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That smart home is so nice and me and my wife would love to move to Nashville, TN. I can see my kids growing up in a community like Green Hills.

Semper Fi

Posts: 1 | Location: Dania Beach, FL | Registered: Jul 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Ashley King, CONGRATULATIONS! I loved seeing your mother's surprised expression. Priceless! What a blessing for you! Hope we get to hear you sing on the stage.

Posts: 5238 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is an internet quote from an article which was accompanied by a pic of the lovely young lady from Chicago Heights who won, a quite delightful story...

"King currently lives with her parents and is preparing to attend graduate school at DePaul University to pursue a master’s degree in digital communication. Her father, Reverend Claude King, kept the secret from King and her mother Denise last week in order to surprise the new homeowner."

Posts: 3165 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Dad did a great job! I'm seriously curious how families keep such a secret. My dad (if her were still with us) couldn't have kept the secret. Dad must've known Mom would have had trouble keeping the secret. She definitely DID NOT know. lol Mrs. King, as a mom, I know I would've been that overjoyed to hear the news for one of my daughters, too. What a blessing!

Thanks for sharing this Tango.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trish212,

posted Hide Post
Awww, I wanted to win a smart home!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Liz JJ:
Awww, I wanted to win a smart home!

Ms. Liz, You might well have stated, "a clever home", instead. We get 'em, "ad" nauseum. ;>)

But that doesn't prevent a, "Welcome to the MB zany gang" to you. Have a good time here.
Music, Maestro, please. :>)

Posts: 3165 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A clever home, ooh that's witty! Smile

Thanks for the warm welcome, Tango!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winner. They looked Oh so happy especially her mother. Can't wait to see the special in Aug. I really liked this smart home and know it will be injoyed.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5684 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the winner will be announced in August

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
It will be announced on the special edithann in August, those of us who are privileged to frequent here get the preview in pictures. It is always fun watching the special because you get to see the reactions that lead up to that excited look we see in her mother here and the ambush itself. It is all part of the fun.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Yay!

posted Hide Post
so the winner has been picked

Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
edith ann, If you go to the Smart Home blog (not MB), you can see the wonderful expressions! Their smiles just brought a smile to MY face. I think her mom's expression is the best. It's how a mother feels when their child is receiving a HUGE blessing! Recently, my daughter received some news that eased my heart and I just welled up with tears. I do so even now thinking about it. We always hope for the best for our children.

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Hi Trish and edith ann, I too was taken by the winner's mother expression on her daughters win.I can not wait to see it on the actual special so we can get the effect of the before and after of that expression. I love to enjoy the happiness of others.

The next site of the dream home still has not been revealed. We usually learn that on the special. Hope to know the new smart home location soon as well.

Love to dream

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥