Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

laundry room Sign In/Join 
posted
there is a single door to the garage , what are the double doors to.

Posts: 379 | Registered: Oct 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Both doors open into the garage. I saw a construction video with them both open.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5656 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dreamn_again
posted Hide Post
Thats a double door closet by the garage entrance to the house across from the laundry area. If you click on the photos link for the laundry room, the doors are open on picture #11.

I was imagining where my Mom would put a chest freezer and that seemed the most likely spot.

Posts: 457 | Location: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I thought they were talking about the garage door from the comment, but it could have been that nice closet. It is a great storage area.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5656 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
Did people notice the basket weave design on the floor in the laundry room? This basket weave is also on the backsplash in the kitchen. I would notice one of my favorites when I saw it.

The double doors to me meant....pantry. Is this the surprise Linda has mentioned would be available? Or, is there something else?

Having the laundry room near the kitchen is so helpful. How many times do we have something baking in the kitchen while doing our laundry, too? Technical is supposed to make our lives easier. I believe practicality should be included, too. If someone comes through the garage with muddy clothes, the extra closet with duds available sure is helpful in MANY ways.

Posts: 5231 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I think I'd use it as a pantry as well trish. Smart home has pretty good use of storage. Smile

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥