HGTV Message Boards
Smart Home 2014

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2823963108/m/7623917108

Mar 06, 2014, 08:51 AM
Gasbo1
Smart Home 2014
is april 15th the day the sweeps open for this home ? and the closing date june 3rd ? and if the june 3rd date is correct you all might as well not bother entering because june 3rd is my birthday and its an omen ! Amen ! lol
Mar 07, 2014, 10:12 PM
nursejudy
Wish you luck Gasbo, but we are all entering.Wink

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams
Mar 12, 2014, 01:01 AM
billi
How does one apply to be on one of the shows
Mar 12, 2014, 12:32 PM
TangoW
quote:
Originally posted by billi:
How does one apply to be on one of the shows

Stay Tuned for details on Smart Home 2014 Sweepstakes 4/15 - 6/3. Then read the contest rules, and completely, one might suggest.
Your question about shows is not what the contest is about, Billi. It is a sweepstakes that is entered via mail or internet. Good luck, and welcome.

addendum...IMHO the Nashville Smart Home is a Tudor style which seems to have a very chic look, inside and out. Also, (from what I gather in the early review,) this year's home, like last year's, is one in which the conditioned air of the dwelling's interior runs/circulates into the crawl space above the rafters and then returns to the main living area. Thus, the temperature in the attic is almost the same as the interior's temperature. The HVAC vents themselves are located in the attic's now-conditioned airspace. This space is also now excellent storage-under-air space. Upper dwelling rooms are cooler through this design.
This design overall has proven more energy efficient...Total heating/cooling cost is reported to be reduced 10-15% versus designs of the past couple of decades, although circulating fans run a bit more in the design.
The design may not work as well in every climate as the humid South.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TangoW,
Mar 12, 2014, 01:26 PM
trish212
The presentations are fabulous! So many wonderful ideas, there have been some ideas already presented on various sites about Smart Home 2014. That's what these gorgeous homes are....many great ideas that some of us don't keep up with like the professionals do.
Once you know the date the entries begin, you can set up a reminder on your email calendar site. This way you won't miss it.
Mar 14, 2014, 03:29 PM
nursejudy
It looks like it will be another beautiful home. I like what i see so far.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
Mar 15, 2014, 11:34 AM
mythreesons
Billi, HGTV's website has info as to which of their shows are looking for participants and the locations they need. Good luck!
Mar 16, 2014, 06:36 PM
nursejudy
Just looked at the videos, the smart home is going to be really neat. Can't wait to see more.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
Mar 19, 2014, 09:37 AM
luv♥
I'll have to check this out! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~

♥Warning!
A blonde here.

Mar 20, 2014, 03:24 PM
maxcomtest
good

talk about tools for the home.
Mar 29, 2014, 09:56 AM
TangoW
quote:
Originally posted by maxcomtest:
tools for the home...

golly max, that looks like it's about the shameless commerce division's latest snow storm.
Mar 29, 2014, 02:56 PM
nursejudy
can't wait to see more, a couple weeks until the 360. Dreaming about the fun in Nashville and not dwelling on our earthquake we experienced last night.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
Apr 10, 2014, 07:42 PM
JSB
I really like how it's been furnished.

Except for those kitchen cabinets... I love blue, but they are WILD!

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Apr 11, 2014, 08:49 PM
trish212
I have always questioned why people have tvs in the kitchen. However, nowadays....I can see using the large screen to put recipes on while preparing dishes. Wouldn't need my glasses with it.

I'm trying to convince hub that I want a "table" (Kitchen Island) in our space. Tangow, he has a similar opinion of the blue.

I'm waiting for Carley's Chris tmas light display. I saw that advertised on another site and thought how cool that would be. The Smart Home has the right exterior wall space for the sparkly lights on the home. Waiting to see if this is on my "want" list.

This home is not minimalist...but The Pizaaz is from the technical aspects of the home really puts it up a notch. As I gave hub the tour, he'd say....you've mentioned this and that to me. Rather than Pinterest to let him know what I want, I'm bold and will tell him.

BTW....we have an upper deck and the bottom porch. The owner of this home truly will have a treat having both! I want to add the bottom porch ceiling treatment on our's.

Again.....I enjoy getting to see these beautiful homes. KUDOS again.
Apr 11, 2014, 11:43 PM
nursejudy
The smarthome is really neat.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
Apr 12, 2014, 10:46 PM
TangoW
[QUOTE]Originally posted by trish212:
I have always questioned why people have tvs in the kitchen. QUOTE]
We have many friends whose lives/homes are almost void of TV's.
Our kitchen has a 17 inch Sonynobaloney. Here's why we like tv in the kitchen...
It is a good recipe screen, but the computer is almost just as good.
The Cook often listens to the programs or news, and we both find watching certain programs conversational toothpicks. :>)
Maybe it's the rare humor in me but the TV scenes of snow up to the armpits in the old MN hometown kind of gets a chuckle while we are sitting in the kitchen, at the same time looking out at the palms, and thinking of the global heat (it seems the arctic is where most of the warm is this winter) melting the arctic circle and putting us down here in FL in fear.
Meteorology forecasting is mandated by C ongress. One should take some hot tea out to them in the doghouse. :>)
Apr 14, 2014, 09:22 PM
nursejudy
People seem to like TV's in many places. There is even one in the shower at the smarthome.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
Apr 15, 2014, 04:02 PM
Skimferella
You better really like blue if you win this house. I really like the house but the red wall says late 90's to me.
Apr 15, 2014, 05:07 PM
JSB
Don't forget to enter the sweeps!

............ (")
................ (")

................ (")
............ (")

We're goin' on a Bear Hunt.
We're going to catch a Big One
I'm not afraid!

Apr 16, 2014, 03:45 PM
nursejudy
I really love the blue cabinets in the kitchen. Now blue is my favorite color. The breakfast bar is really neat both for coffee and my daily hot chocolate. Couldn't you just see yourself cooking there?

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
Apr 16, 2014, 05:00 PM
trish212
Many have commented their concerns if they entered more than they were suppose to. It would always say that they were ineligible. Oh the concerns they expressed. Today, I tried it to see what would happen. lol

" We love you ENTHUSIASM, but you've already entered." <- VERY nice!

And who doesn't hold enthusiasm for this beautiful home? And what about that Lincoln!
Apr 17, 2014, 10:15 AM
Gasbo1
In the past I always had to fill in all my info into the entry form, this year it just asks for my email address, did I miss something ? I am worried I am not getting in the entries ! Someone please reply !
Apr 17, 2014, 11:14 AM
trish212
Nope, all of us are getting the same message. It's so much easier! Thank you, Gumby! Cool how it is easier with the new techy trending home! That's what many homeowners are enjoying nowadays.
Apr 18, 2014, 05:29 AM
edith ann1950
I love this home .. alittl e over done on the blue color in the kitchen... but great house
Apr 18, 2014, 07:54 PM
Kaysei
I tried to enter on both sites, but it said I already entered today!
Apr 23, 2014, 12:53 PM
nursejudy
It will say that kaisey if you have already entered that day, a safety to keep people from entering twice and having to be deleted later by HGTV. Once you filled out the form once on both sites, all you have to do is enter your email and you are entered and then it will say, thanks for entering. Much easier then in the past. An email address and you are done.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
Apr 25, 2014, 09:28 PM
Kaysei
quote:
Originally posted by nursejudy:
It will say that kaisey if you have already entered that day

Thanks, but I already know that. I had not entered yet that day. I guess it was a glitch.
Apr 26, 2014, 12:07 PM
nursejudy
Same thing just happened to me today along with a number of other dreamboarders.. They have a glitch.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
May 09, 2014, 11:38 AM
edith ann1950
I agree they over did the blue , but nothing a paint brush and paint cant fix... Love this house
May 09, 2014, 11:59 AM
nursejudy
Blue is my favorite color and find it well done, but we all have the colors we like.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥