Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

problems entering contest every day Sign In/Join 
posted
Hi,
I have never been great at posting on message boards, but hopefully this will generate some advice. For two days in a row now, every time I try to enter the Smart Home 2014 Sweepstakes, I get the message: "We love your enthusiasm but you've already entered for today!" Well, I haven't entered today, even though I tried. I just got that message. Same as yesterday. I got the email reminder, clicked the link so I could enter and typed in my email address and I get the message I've already entered for the day. Any suggestions about this problem? I would love to enter every day but am not being allowed to. Please advise. Thank you!

Posts: 2 | Location: Nashville, TN area | Registered: Apr 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mythreesons
posted Hide Post
CBPfromTN
I get the same error message. Previously I received another error message like My Bad and had to switch browsers. Annoying, but I guess it only takes one entry to win?

Posts: 1546 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: Mar 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't , I signed up twice

Posts: 380 | Registered: Oct 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elfie
posted Hide Post
Hey! Same problem with the Love your enthusiasm message.

Tried switching browsers and it didn't work. I know I didn't enter already because I checked the browser history for the day, and it goes from midnight to midnight for 1 day. Hope the tech people look into it.

Posts: 72 | Registered: Jan 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Same thing happened to me but I was able to enter on DYIremodelsite. That happend one other time and i just redid it might try again later.

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5662 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Still states I entered already on HGTV site when I tried again. I guess we miss our entry today, but i was able as mentioned on DYIremodel. My husband was able to enter on both sites today.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5662 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you for posting. Mythreesons, edith ann, elfie and nursejudy! I was finally able to register twice today! (Once per site as allowed.) Not sure why we are having problems but maybe they've fixed them now! Thanks again to you all! Maybe one of us will win (and we'll invite the other three to come visit!) :-)

Posts: 2 | Location: Nashville, TN area | Registered: Apr 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I still have not been able to enter at HGTV, but could at DIY remodel. My husband on his site both. Glad you were able to enter on both.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
Today i could register on both sites, thank you HGTV

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥