Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TVS Sign In/Join 
posted
Wow way to many tv s ... the one in the great room in the wrong spot above a chair ???

Posts: 380 | Registered: Oct 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This a great home, WOW high tech with all the best gadgets, both for the entertaining sole to the fun foodie person, one can only dream...

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Registered: Apr 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
The TV in the living room can be electronically angled in any direction to be viewed in the living room. Check it out

*****Catch the Excitement*****
******Dreams and happiness to all my MB friends******
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥
a flapjaw and a Sheltie collector avatar fan
Real Friends Believe in Your Dreams

Posts: 5662 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh I see thanks ...

Posts: 380 | Registered: Oct 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Great Room is not large enough. The many windows interfere with TV viewing in this situation.
The fireplace and esp the windows either side of it really drain the room of great tv viewing. The chair under the TV is a compromise of this configuration.
However, there is a fix. We do have a wide fireplace in our Great Room. The fireplace isn't located on an outer wall. No window areas are within the TV viewing arena. (The TV is close to the fireplace, not above it, just like the Smart Home setting in a 1780 square foot home.
Architects continue to make these great room designs fit too many functions, it seems?

Posts: 3163 | Location: FL | Registered: Jan 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
You can close the drapes to take the glare off the TV. It works remotely as well.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥

Posts: 5662 | Location: Whittier, California | Registered: Mar 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trish212
posted Hide Post
LOVE the remote window treatments! I remember a couple years ago telling someone about the remote window treatments at a home improvement center I had seen advertised. He hadn't heard of them. Seriously....I know at least two windows that are a must....if I could only have two. This is an entire house, right?

My stars!

Posts: 5234 | Registered: Jan 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nursejudy
posted Hide Post
I agree. Love the remote windows, can put shade into the house in everyroom when glare remval is a must.

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~♥ ~ ~♥~~♥~~♥~~♥