Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aging Sign In/Join 
posted
Have you thought how you might prepare your bath for your senior days

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm there. I have a wall in shower and wouldn't dream of getting into the tub
I'd have to call the fire dept to get me out.

Posts: 2071 | Location: Arkansas Zone 7 | Registered: Aug 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Not really. Frown
Although I think planning for and installing grab bars in the tub and shower are very useful and handy for anyone to use. And a comfort height toilet is my current and future choice.

If one were building or remodeling, some things just make sense to do, from the get go. If possible, it is always good to have a wide enough door and path in a main bathroom. Walkers and wheelchairs sort of require this, and you never know when one might be temporarily or permanently in ones future?

I absolutely despise Pat Boone...so I have vowed to never have a Walk In Tub that he now advertises and "sings" about.Wink

Posts: 9429 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post