Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just a suggestion Sign In/Join 
posted
I was watching Ultimate Crash today and in the kitchen they were absolutely destroying the cabinets. I see this a lot on these types of shows. I am an avid HGTV watcher so I see this kind of thing all the time. FYI, people like me would absolutely die for cabinets like the ones they were destroying. Why not donate...like to Habitat for Humanity stores so people like me (who can't afford to have a designer come in) have the opportunity to have beautiful things in our homes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: karaleag2,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jewel
posted Hide Post
Agreed! HGTV isn't showing themselves to be at all concerned about re-purposing or recycling with shows like this.

Posts: 8201 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely agree with both of you. There are a lot of people who could use the cabinets. Why do they all take so much joy out of using a sledge hammer? Once saw a show where some guy swung into a wall and was surprised by live electrical lines and plumbing, oh well guess he should have been more careful.

Posts: 3273 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about messaging them about that issue

Posts: 12 | Registered: Aug 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see them destroy solid wood cabinets instead of giving them away or donating them and have told them so on several occasions and no answers .Even if they like the hype they get from being destructive it is terrible way to go about it .sad

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jul 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many of the shows make such a big deal out of bashing the old walls and cabinets. Sometimes the homeowners/clowns can hardly swing a hammer, it's really pathetic.

Posts: 3273 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Besides dangerous ' look at the guy who slit his vein open taking out ceramic tile on bath crashers and the lady who fracture her foot with the sledge hammer .I wonder how many more they don't show .

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jul 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I registered onto this message board specifically for this purpose. After watching Bath Crashers today 10/6/12 my wife and I were appalled. Do the producers have a"green bone" in their bodies? A perfectly good bathroom and apparently all its fixtures smashed and tossed right in the dumpster. Hello? It's 2012 Come on! you should know the three R's Reduce, Reuse and Recycle plus we're in a recession plenty of people could put that to good use. Look up Freecycle.com put it out at the curb and people will come get it. How about Habitat for Humanity??? Its nice you could help a young couple create their dream bathroom and maybe there was an attempt to not waste so much but it was not apparent. Thanks for the vent.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The waste is absolutely appalling. On Ultimate Crashers they destroyed bathroom fixtures and kitchen cabinets that were definitely re-useable by someone. It's wrong on many levels, from wasted resources to unnecessary waste disposal.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's keep letting them know! Wish more local transfer stations would have swap shops for stuff like this. Reusing is 100 times better than recycling for these materials!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
on the plus side - a big green thumbs up to Rehab Addict! She doesn't waste anything!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post