HGTV Message Boards
Your Dream Bathroom?

This topic can be found at:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2711099623/m/6453943347

May 30, 2011, 10:54 AM
conrad
Your Dream Bathroom?
What would it have? Thought of this the other day while cleaning.

My dream bath would have all beautiful tile surfaces and be self cleaning. One just hit the sanitation cycle, and the Tub, shower, sinks, toilets would all go through a hot water/steam wash and rinse! Oh and lets do the floor too, with a floor drain in the center. Big Grin

Seriously, modern toilet design of the water swirling around the top edge of the bowl and down is ingenious, imagine if it just came out of a spout like the tub/sink? So why not have the same option (faucet option too) for the same water dispensing design for tubs and sinks? They could rinse themselves with every use.
And while we are designing, if one must have a tap at one end of the tub than lets put the drain at the other. Wouldn't that be easier to rinse?
May 30, 2011, 11:09 PM
doodles64
Interesting concept! I think I'd just rather have maid service. Big Grin
Seriously, if I could design the bathroom of my dreams it would have a large shower with multiple body jets, a seat for leg shaving and curved so I didn't have to use a shower curtain OR have a glass door. There would also be a deep, large slipper tub for those times I want to let my muscles relax. The room would be large enough for multiple plants, and a french door out to an enclosed, private patio. The vanity would be long, granite countertop and a gorgeous glass vessel sink. Multiple drawers, cabinets and shelves, too, of course and room (and light) to adequately put on makeup. And, since I have one here, I can't imagine not having a private toilet closet. Mine is small and functional here, but I'd like one large enough to have storage for all those necessities where you need them most. The entire bathroom would be large enough to have a chair for applying lotions and putting on stockings, wall space for lots of art work and a beautiful tile floor with a custom medallion in the middle. Oh, and a chandelier besides the wonderful lighting at the vanity. I'm sure there are other things I could come up with, but that's it off the top of my head. Now, if I could just find that generous millionaire who would love to make all my dreams come true...
May 31, 2011, 08:29 AM
conrad
Oh Doodles...can I come spend time in your dream bathroom??? Big Grin It sounds great.

I have also had my own half bath where all my makeup/toiletries and such is stored. Every woman should have her very own spa retreat bath...don't you think?
May 31, 2011, 06:36 PM
doodles64
quote:
Originally posted by conrad:
Oh Doodles...can I come spend time in your dream bathroom??? Big Grin It sounds great.

I have also had my own half bath where all my makeup/toiletries and such is stored. Every woman should have her very own spa retreat bath...don't you think?

LOL Conrad - as soon as I find that millionaire who will make my every dream come true you can come visit. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
And yes, everyone deserves their own spot. I'm alone now and for several years before that my ill husband had his own room/bath. Not sure I could "share" again. Hmm. Maybe a MULTI-millionaire would make it worthwhile. J/K of course.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: doodles64,
Jun 02, 2011, 11:13 PM
cocok
Your ideas aren't far fetched at all conrad. There are public restrooms in London that do just what you describe. They are like little round pods on the sidewalk, and you put coins in, the door opens, you have a couple of minutes inside, then the door opens, you leave, and before the next person can come in the door shuts, and the entire unit does a whole room spray rinse. The units were very clean, although the walls, floor and every surface are a bit wet when you use them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cocok,
Jun 03, 2011, 10:59 PM
Allison1888
Love the self cleaning bathroom concept!! If they can do it with those vacuum saucer things that move around your house all day, why not have cleaners that spray on the floor and toilet and sink at certain intervals! We can all dream.
Jun 10, 2011, 06:55 AM
tessa89
quote:
My dream bath would have all beautiful tile surfaces and be self cleaning. One just hit the sanitation cycle

Razz we "gotta" be same generation. decades ago I said bthroom & laundry should have a drain in the floor.
more recently because of greater demand and in some locales a shrinking water supply, a diverter on shower and laundry.... if Granny's roses thrived by being irrigated via rinse water, why not today?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tessa89,
Jun 10, 2011, 12:41 PM
Spanish Revival
I wish HGTV message director would come up with a "Like" button like on Facebook, I'd "Like" all these suggestions!!
Jan 30, 2012, 09:47 AM
ryan_n21
I think anything with a television in it will do me! Something like the bathroom of this hotel I stayed in whilst visiting London:

http://www.tubehotels.com/The-...Horseguards-384.html
Feb 20, 2012, 05:14 AM
Poecu
quote:

Haha, conrad, I couldn't agree more!! There is never enough space for makeup/toiletries. And them standing around makes the cleaning much more time-consuming.
Jul 27, 2012, 07:58 AM
Bob 56
I just finished mine last week, it took me 5 months of working on it after work each day and most of the weekends. I also spent about $10,300.00 to complete everything doing all the work myself on my 30 year old master bath. The cabinets are not new but I did re-faced them and replaced all the knobs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bob 56,

Jul 27, 2012, 08:04 AM
Bob 56

Jul 27, 2012, 08:05 AM
Bob 56

Bob 56

Bob 56

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bob 56,

Jul 27, 2012, 08:06 AM
Bob 56

Jul 27, 2012, 08:23 AM
Bob 56

Jul 27, 2012, 08:25 AM
Bob 56

Jul 27, 2012, 11:16 AM
conrad
Looks beautiful!
Love the slate flooring details especially.
Jul 27, 2012, 05:22 PM
KeepYouInStitches
I want a three-room master bath. Walk in shower with no doors in the middle. Each side room for Him or Her. No sharing of vanity, counter, toilet, mirror, toothbrush holder.

Big Grin Are you getting the idea? LOL Husband uses the master bath. I use the guest bath but am disposed when we actually have guests. Frown

Sherry
Does this hat make my butt look big?
www.keepyouinstitches.blogspot.com
http://s193.photobucket.com/al...9/keepyouinstitches/
www.friendsofthedaingerfieldpu...library.blogspot.com
Aug 10, 2012, 06:04 PM
DecorsRus.com
Find Bathroom Vanities and Other Bathroom Furniture Here Online

DecorsRus.com is the leading retailer of luxury bathroom furniture, bathroom vanities, toilets, tubs, shower panels, bathroom accessories. We are most known for our unparalleled selection of modern bathroom vanities, contemporary bathroom vanities, and antique bathroom vanities. Because we are direct importers of bathroom vanity furniture, you will find the best styles and prices available on the web with www.DecorsRus.com

Visit us at our show room 144 E. State rt4, Paramus NJ 07652. or give us a call at 201-250-8900
www.DecorsRus.com
Feb 16, 2013, 03:55 AM
aljurabby
quote:
Your Dream Bathroom?

it’s possible to expand the size of your bathroom by knocking out a wall, taking over a closet or making alterations. Before you do anything else, you need to consult a professional with any ideas you may have for expanding the size of your bathroom. They can let you know what to expect and if your idea is even possible. This will help you to get an idea of what you’re working with and the overall layout of your new bathroom...

-- Aljur Abby
Blue Hand Home
Apr 24, 2013, 11:32 PM
Becky42
bump