Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   Ultimate Bathroom
  Glass undermount sinks?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glass undermount sinks? Sign In/Join 
posted
I recently helped a client with choosing vanity sinks for both of her bathrooms - for the master we chose some really gorgeous glass undermount sinks but then when it came time to install them we had a hard time finding a plumbing company who knew how to do it. I'm not sure how long they've been around, but the plumber used by the granite fabricator (we also did new granite in her kitchen and both baths) had never seen them and a friend who owns a commercial plumbing company had never seen them.
Just wanted to give y'all a heads up - we chose them because they were gorgeous (looked like crinkled cracked glass) and they had a color that matched one of the colors in the granite slab we were using - but the next time I'm going to be a bit more careful to make sure whatever we get doesn't end up being more of a problem for the client to have installed.

Posts: 4292 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: Dec 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
doodles64:

How were the glass sinks attached to the countertops?

Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After fixation the glass sinks, The overall appearance seems good and stylish. But we should take more care at the time of fixation of glass. It is the main task to be completed carefully.

Shower

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Need some fixation of completed spam control.
Really???
Fixation??? Wink

Posts: 9666 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The current trend in bathroom sanitary is glass products, This type of products are both trendy and useful. From my experience I would like to recommend a trustable glass doors and products provider http://fleetwoodglass.ca/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jackson robinson,

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of conrad
posted Hide Post
Wow...trustable glass now?

Posts: 9666 | Location: Plains & Mountains | Registered: Jun 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post