Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Kitchens & Baths
Hop To Forums   Ultimate Bathroom
  Mixing Marble Wallpaper & Granite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mixing Marble Wallpaper & Granite Sign In/Join 
Picture of ZeeZee2
posted
Is it considered a no no to have marble wallpaper and a granite vanity? I have heard one decorator say she doesn't mix stones.

Looking at a St. Cecilia granite with a Crema Marfil marble looking wallpaper.

What do you all think?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't understand your question. I have marble on my master bathroom and walk in shower floor and granite on the shower walls, countertop and thresholds. You can mix stone types, glass tile, etc. It's the color and patterns that matter not the materials.

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBTrendsMag
posted Hide Post
Hi ZeeZee2,

Interior designers all have their own opinions on what does and doesn't look good. Decorating is a form of art and therefore everyone has their own point of view. I personally don't see a problem with mixing stones as long as they don't clash. Just like putting together an outfit you wouldn't want to put two patterns together that don't work otherwise something looks off.

The St. Cecilia granite has veins in it and the Crema Marfil marble is one color throughout. Therefore I do not see any problem with using the two stones together. Remember with granite that each slab is a little bit different, so the veins may be heavier or lighter in the pattern. I like the crème color of the marble a lot and think it will be an excellent choice for the walls.

Hope this helps,

Kitchen Bath Trends
www.kitchenbathtrends.com

Posts: 25 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post