Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moderators Sign In/Join 
Picture of WWanda
posted
Helllooooo? anyone out there?? Do you see what's going on here on this board???

Wanda

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Feb 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No,there are no moderators anymore. At least they have still let the board run, for now.

Posts: 6747 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So how did this happen...
I came here in 2007...met many talented and interesting people. I was always so impressed with all the information shared as well as the encouragement given on these boards.
I have been a lurker for awhile .... business and the joys of grand parenting have made my timing off with the rest of the world.
Had some projects coming up and really began to look at post again.
Pages of solicitations that make those people look DUMB!!! I would never do business with someone that sounds so uninformed on paper.
One of the things I appreciated here was the time and knowledge that many shared about the given fields.... I think we all tried to do the same. It actually made this place a community...
Maybe it's the way of the world.... and this board has become their write off...

It would be nice if someone noticed....

Becky

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hgtv has moved on. They have decided that other ways of promotion are worth their time. They may be wrong and regret it in a while or they may not. They have a right to spend their money as they like.

Posts: 6747 | Location: North MN & Northern AR | Registered: Oct 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froo Froo
posted Hide Post
If the mods have been cut, it may mean the demise of our beloved HGTV boards. Judging by the degree of blatant advertising and the duration they are allowed to remain here, one has to wonder if this is the beginning of the end. I sure hope not. The best we can do is to ignore the posters who are obviously advertising. That means not only don't visit their biz links but do not even click on their threads.

Posts: 18446 | Location: Right here, duh! ;) | Registered: Nov 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen

posted Hide Post
I got a note back say HGTV would like us to flag these post since it generates an email... I appreciate that but you'd have thought they might peek at the whole system and notice that the whole front page of a board is coverd with this ... just takes the fun out of reading what others are working on.

Posts: 4454 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post