Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Shows
Hop To Forums   Secrets From a Stylist
  Please lobby HGTV to renew Secrets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please lobby HGTV to renew Secrets Sign In/Join 
posted
Emily has a blog post up on HGTV's blog re: her trip to the Round Top antique show in Texas. It's fun to read, like her own blog. She mentions that there is uncertainty re: the future of Secrets From a Stylist.

The regulars here know that I love Emily and her show. If you like Secrets, please add a commment to this Round Top blog asking the powers that be to renew Secrets ASAP. Even if Emily isn't your cup of tea, please consider supporting those of us who love her and her show.

Many thanks.

Susan

Posts: 415 | Registered: Jul 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Susan,

I sent an email to HGTV regarding "Secrets From a Stylist."

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks.

Picture of mriley
posted Hide Post
Susan,

I was just checking on "Secrets From a Stylist" and there was a listing for episodes to be aired at 1:00PM on Wednesdays...

Oct. 12 - 70's Funky Elegance
Oct. 19 - Tuscan Modern
Oct. 26 - Graphic Antique
Nov. 02 - 70's Funky Elegance (rerun)
Nov. 09 - Mid Century Artist (rerun)
Nov. 16 - Retro Polynesian Kitsch
Nov. 23 - Eclectic Artsy Odyssey (rerun)

If these are truly new shows, I wonder why they have not been listed anywhere. My "Channels" lists varied programs at 1:00PM every week day.

Update: I just looked at the "Program Guide" for HGTV here on my computer and there it lists "Secrets From a Stylist" at 1:00 Wednesday. I guess we just don't know where to look. Who would have thought it would be so hard to get to see a show they like.

Marylee

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mriley,

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Aug 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Marylee. I think these are reruns of this season, i.e., Emily's second season. I know that a new episode from this season was scheduled for Emily's usual Saturday evening slot after the Design Star finale and it was pre-empted for Meg's show, and then capparently permanently replaced by Meg. I am disappointed that HGTV didn't show Emily's remaining new episode(s) in primetime.

Mostly I just want Emily's show renewed for a third season, because I really like it. I'm thinking it will all work out because HGTV seems pretty sold on her - she did HGTV'd and she has a Christmas special coming up. But still - I'd like to know that they will do more SFAS.

posted Hide Post
I recognize those episode titles as reruns, also, Marylee but thanks for posting them. I'm not convinced Emily's upcoming specials mean anything WRT her series renewal because Kim M disappeared that same way. It seems to be their mo.

I sent in a email and lobbied a few friends to do the same. Don't want to lose any of our design shows - well, maybe DDD -

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SurfNow,

Posts: 480 | Registered: Aug 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks tsr. Emily's blog has referenced uncertainly about the future of her show a few times, including in a new post this week, so I really want to support her. It does seems that HGTV hires people, does a couple of "seasons" with them and then moves on, but still uses the hosts now and again. I seem the same pattern with Vern and Gen as well as with Kim Myles. I think Sabrina Soto and Taniya ??? had periods of time without shows and then came back with new shows. I just hate to lose a host and a show that I really like. I am still wishing that HGTV had found a way to keep Karen McAloon on tv, and Joan Steffend, too.

posted Hide Post
i really like this show a lot and hope HGTV keeps Emily around!!!!

Posts: 15 | Registered: Aug 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ntuitive1
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize there was uncertainty about this show's future until I saw this thread. I'm happy it got renewed. I sometimes don't love her work but when I love it I LOVE it and I generally like Emily and her quirky personality.

Posts: 2145 | Registered: Aug 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be so sad if this show was not renewed. I just recently have become interested in interior design and I love this show and the different layers.

Posts: 86 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lola: welcome to the message boards. Secrets has been renewed for two 13 week seasons, i.e., for the next year, according to Emily's website. You can check it out and enjoy Emily's breakdown of each of her shows at StylebyEmilyHenderson.com. Enjoy.

posted Hide Post
Thank you so much!! I'm so happy to know she'll be back. I've been working on giving my house some style (something it has never had) and I think I've learned a lot from all these different HGTV shows. I really like how Emily shows you can merge two people's styles to create a cohesive room.

Posts: 86 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is now mid February, so when will her new shows start? I liked her show and her ideas. I have noticed that only one Design Star--David--has lasted longer than one year. They keep up contracts for him and contracts for their favorite professional designers like Candice and Genevieve. Antonio's shows now are all repeats so not sure his show has been renewed either. All the others had very short lived contracts. Makes one wonder if they are choosing the right contestants for Design Star or they just don't want to film that many new shows.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WHAT'S HAPPENING TO HGTV???!!!! This is definitely NOT the same network as it used to be. So sad......

Posts: 2 | Location: United States | Registered: Dec 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere that Secrets had been renewed for 2 more seasons. I read Emily's blog everyday and she had been filming episodes but haven't heard anything new about it. Tomorrow HGTV is re-airing her Holiday special from 2011 (which I love and copied the 'Joy To The World' map idea for my own Holiday Home this year) just in case anyone wants to catch it.

Picture of Jeannine.
posted Hide Post
I saw Secrets as a sign that HGTV America had turned a corner. All of my favorite shows were coming from Canada, but this one, one that featured read design and not impossibly cheap remodels done in a day.

Some solid shows followed. I hope Emily is here to stay.

Posts: 144 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: Aug 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HGTV is definitely losing fans, they no-longer show affordable shows with good design, they are only interested in real estate shows boring

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post